Forums    General Discussions    Some pics...
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Some pics...
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Here are a few pics of the redo from my Barth.

Look at the light switches by the door. I changed the cheap ones to the triple light switches sold at Lowes and flipped it onto the side, there are two of them there.

For all those with thoughts of working on your Barth next spring... And yes, that's a pull down bed over the drivers seat.

Here is a link to the Pull Down Bed installation

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bill,

You have done some nice work on the coach. This was a big project and it came out really nice. I especially like the dash work.

If you are ever in the Springfield, MA area, let me know (2 1/2 hours from Newburgh). I have a parking spot and can supply water, electricity and the option to dump tanks. Advance notice will be necessary to assure I'm home and I'll need to move my coach, as there is only room for one.

worth the effort however; to meet an other Barthmobiler.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis
2004 Honda Accord toad

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
"Some assembly required?"

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
Nice job! What's the (black metal frame with clear plastic??) device above the driver's seat?? What's the small round wheel on the upper left??

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Nice job! What's the (black metal frame with clear plastic??) device above the driver's seat??

I think you're talking about the pull down bed. If you look to both sides of the picture you will see a frame attached. I used supports from an Allegro and then made up my own bed frame with 1" square aluminum tubes. I then attached it with the real good double sided tape - screwed in threshold runners for carpeting and finished off the bottom of it with a dry eraser board. Thats why it has a shine to it. The reason for the long metal bar is to keep both sides going down at the same time.

quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
What's the small round wheel on the upper left??

That would be a Sony speaker. I thought it would look nice with the Nascar theme of the Custom Coach

I also changed the glovebox and stereo mount and made a diamond plate cover for those. I took down several walls and put in track lighting and a little more diamond plating on the ceiling. All of the windows are Nascar themed. The pics don't really do it justice.

And In this final picture the bed is partialy down showing the two ceiling mounted grabhandles, the dark blue bed covers peeking up and the wooden ceiling strip divider. You should be able to see some of the Nascar window treatment.

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Bill; Great work. How high is the pull down bed from the floor when its down? PS. Went to your web site, good looking service truck. JKB

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SLOOP JOHN B:
Bill; Great work. How high is the pull down bed from the floor when its down? PS. Went to your web site, good looking service truck. JKB

I have a 1" gap between the top of the seat and the bottom of the bed. I wanted to have the maximum amount of room with the seat still up. I never took a measurement and the Barth's covered up now. I'd say...It's about 60% off of the floor, 40% from bed to roof... or something close to it.

I have 3 service trucks on the road today. The FL70 Freightliner is mine and is from 2002. The GMC 7500 is a 2004 and the other W4 GMC is the newest at 2006. I have the oldest truck in the fleet by design.

Truck road service is all I do. I make my living by going to others peoples garages and houses to repair their rig onsite. It's not uncommon to see me at dealerships repairing rigs that they couldn't get going. There are 2 other mechanics on the payroll and one has been with me for 9+ years. There is good money in this but the conditions are scarry. I have been run over and spit out twice & have drove thru a tree in the middle of the road. The worst happens at night.

If you type "truck and trailer repair" in google I shows up as number 1. If you do "trailer repair" or "truck road service" it comes in at around 7. I did the website myself a few years ago. I try to keep it updated but get too busy with other projects

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
"Some assembly required?"

Yes, but I know where EVERY wire is in the coach! I can say "Body by Barth but rebuilt by me"

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
THAT I can relate to - I got a "Brother-in-Law" special on my '87 E350 LWB diesel van. I spent a week de-wiring and rewiring (is this a bad sign: I ended up with 350' of excess wire?) Actually most of it came from the never-did-work alarm system (and after tracing the wiring and rewiring, I can see why). Too bad electrical tape can't be reused...

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I found 2 more old and new pictures. They are of opposite sides but shows the before and after look. I had to replaced the rear quarter panels because the previous owners (NYS Health Dept) decided that backing up was done by feel. What has got me baffled was they never struck the bumpers!

And yes that is a drivers side door. There are no tag axles on this 33' long Custom Coach as they made these on tractor trailer chassis and are very beefy. There's not much difference in this chassis comparred to a diesel pusher.

This is part of my group of friends. some of them have gone with me to the races. I am the one sitting down closest to the side entrance door. All of them helped me in some fashion with the makeover.

There is more diamond plating on the side entrance door. The awning was added from a blown apart camper (cost: free) that had a gas leak. It took 2 guys 3 hours to put the awning on. The easiest way to do this is to park it next to a dock door or along a high wall.

The Barth was going to be scrapped (as in crushed) and I was offered it for free. I insisted upon giving a donation for it and everyone walked away happy. My first thought when seeing this non running vehicle was to strip it of good vital (2 generators, 2 AC units, tanks, etc...) parts for another type of conversion.

I stumbled onto this site through a Google search and after checking out Barthmobile decided that this wreck was worth keeping. I spent less then 2 hours getting parts and getting it to run. I drove it out of the dealership parking lot that couldn't get it running or keep it on the road. I figured with the airplane type construction and only 24,000 miles on a good running non oil burning motor this would be the Coach to do!

That my friends is the story of the $500.00 Barth.

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 18, 2005).]

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Bill, I'm just sorry I'm not 30 years younger, and you got there first.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited December 18, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goodwinw:
I cleaned and lightened the pictures a bit to show off the players a bit better

Bill G

Thank you for sending me smaller pics. I uploaded them back into my website. I hope they are easier to see.

People helping people. That's what's it's all about!

No, that's the hokie pokie.

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This I promise is the last picture. It's a terrible picture as I couldn't keep my hands still. It's the only picture I can find that shows the overhead bed in the down position.

I almost didn't post this but felt that the lack of clarity isn't that bad that you can't make out the proportions. This is to answer an earlier post.

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Bill,

This is really something. It shows what a quality vehicle can become in the hands of a a talented person. This is indeed a beauty in everyway.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hmmm- I may have gotten ripped - I made a $300 donation for the Brother-in-Law-Special van...the long version:

BiL wanted to donate his van to charity. None in Atlanta would take it. My then-wife said, "If we ever have to evacuate, we could get all the animals into it (five Golden Retrievers, 3 cats)".

I found a charity locally that would accept it if I would buy it immediately. So I did. Steering had 120 deg play. Brakes were bleeeccchhh. Electrical was awful.

Nine months of resurrection later, it was safe to drive, and since it's become My Baby. The Lexus may go, but the Whale stays...