Forums    General Discussions    Some pics...
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Some pics...
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
What I'd give to be able to put one of those beds in my Breakaway. It's the thing I miss most out of my older Barths.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eric:
What I'd give to be able to put one of those beds in my Breakaway. It's the thing I miss most out of my older Barths.

I should think that you could find one in a wrecking yard. My last SOB had one, and it was handy for visitors, especially kids. The cat liked it, too, as if afforded her a place away from the dog.

We would pull it down just a little, allowing her some room but leaving it far enough up so as not to interfere with us. That worked fine for a while, but every so often, it would close up, trapping her against the ceiling. That was one mad cat. After the second time, I made a block to hold the gap, but she never went near it again.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have several friends in my line of work, some of which have wrecking yards. I was able to get some items that I needed for free. The overhead bed braces and the awning were two such items. I'm sure it will cost me another way down the road!!!

The brackets came out of a wrecked Allegro and were bent up. The cross supports and the bed frame were wrecked and needed to be replaced.

In the Barth I cut out the area that I wanted to mount these to find good supports and mounted 3/4 plywood to the beams. I then screwed the Allegro brackets to that. I made the bed frame a little larger & stronger then the Allegro's and put in a regular style single mattress. The lift springs were replaced with heavier ones to support the extra weight.

Most of the pictures I have seen of Barth interiors show cabinets or other items mounted up front around were you would put the bed. If I didn't remove the walls and some cabinets the overhead bed wouldn't have fit.

I think they call these "goucho" beds or something like that. This Barth can sleep 5 without doubling up and 7 if you doubled up on the two full size beds. The max we have had so far has been 5 people. We have decided that's enough.

Click here for a detailed link to the Overhead Bed Frame.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
The problem with the Breakaway is the control panels over the (front)door and the side cabinets. Theres no room to attach it. But I'm always open to everyones ideas, maybe we can figure something out.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill, awesome transformation! I was wondering how you are using the two ceiling vents? How are they connected? Who are your favorite Nascar drivers?

------------------
Larry and Heidi from CA

Posts: 199 | Location: Costa Mesa, CA 92626 USA | Member Since: 01-05-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hilarlee:
Hi Bill, awesome transformation! I was wondering how you are using the two ceiling vents? How are they connected? Who are your favorite Nascar drivers?

Thank you, it took a lot of time but I think well worth it.

Where you see the 2 ceiling vents there where 2 rooms. The diamond plating took care of the small rips in the ceiling from the wall. After removing the walls and doors I had to remount the wiring for the vents to the outside walls. I have them on regular indoor type heater controls for hydronic heating. When the temp gets too hot the fans kick on. There is one on each wall in the front and an additional one in the back room. It takes the heat out very fast. I set one on the slow speed at 70-72 degrees and the other one on high at 74-76 degrees. Unless it's very hot outside the slow speed will keep it in check. If it's too hot I will close them up and run the roof AC units.

I was going to run 2 seperate controls for slow and fast speed and hook them to relays so that both fans would go on slow and then kick to high if it was to hot. I found that both hooked up the way I have it now keeps it cool so I didn't have to rewire it like that.

My favorite driver is Bobby Labonte. He has left Joe Gibbs and is now with Petty Enterprise. Last year was his worst season and I was pretty disappointed. I will now have to remove his 18 stickers and get some 43 stickers as this will be his ride for next year.

Now if he only drove my Chevy Nova he might win!

------------------
1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited December 28, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nice looking Nova, Bill. Whatcha got innit?

With the tires and stance, it looks like it might contest my LT4/Jag as fastest toad here.

Oh heck, mine is heavier, so I'll concede.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Nice looking Nova, Bill. Whatcha got innit?

Nothing... just a little bitty 350 with a mild cam and factory air. Built for looks and comfort, not speed.

Thanks, glad you like it.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill, I think Bobby might be the kick PI has needed for a while. Hopefully he will lean on them to test the plate tracks a little more. Use the aero on the the 2 and 1.5 cookie cutters and turn the 43 back into a competiter. The fact that the PI boys brought Bobby on shows they are serious, now they have to back it up with some real support and listen to what Bobby has to offer. I know I'll be flying a 43 over the Barth next year.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
I know I'll be flying a 43 over the Barth next year.

I have all of this 18 stuff and now will have to buy new flags and scrounge up some new knick knacks. At least it will be easy for everyone to buy for me next Christmas!

At least his colors will match the Barth better then green.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Bill, I think Bobby might be the kick PI has needed for a while. Hopefully he will lean on them to test the plate tracks a little more. Use the aero on the the 2 and 1.5 cookie cutters and turn the 43 back into a competiter. The fact that the PI boys brought Bobby on shows they are serious, now they have to back it up with some real support and listen to what Bobby has to offer. I know I'll be flying a 43 over the Barth next year.

Hey DZ, I know this is a year late, but what the heck does this mean?? Just curious.

And, I was thinking that sometime back we had a member who was at one time an Indy driver.. anyone know who that was??

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Dave, Race talk, let me see if I can clarify it a little.Bobby Labonte went to Petty Racing this year. The PI meant Petty Inc. but should probably read PE for Petty Enterprises.
Bobby is one of the best racers in NASCAR, and we all hoped he would turn the Petty program around. When considering starting positions based on speed, Bobby was incredible for most of the season. Unfortunately, he didn't race well enough to make it into the Chase.
I, for one, believe Bobby contributed enormously to the Petty program, and will continue to proudly fly his flag at the races.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I think he means all of it. Unless you are into racing this sounds a little wacky...

"lean on them to test the plate tracks a little more. Use the aero on the 2 and 1.5 cookie cutters and turn the 43 back into a competitor"

I'll let you respond to this one DZ Big Grin

Bill N.Y.

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The restrictor plate tracks are Daytona and Talladega. The restrictor plate is a plate between the carb and the intake manifold that cuts the horsepower from the 700's to the 500's, and makes for the exciting racing we see at these two tracks while keeping the speeds under 200 mph. [Rusty Wallace ran 238 in testing at Dega with no restrictions last year]
Most of the other tracks on the circuit are 1.5 and 2 mile tracks, usually shaped like a D, with the pit road cutting off the curve of the D. We call these cookie cutters because they are so simular, but they really aren't to the drivers. The one thing in common is that they are running better than 180 and Aerodynamics has to play a large part in the set-up, be it running up front or cruising through the pack.
NASCAR has already limited how much can be done with body parts such as front ends and spoilers, so the only variable left is suspension, also very restricted, but very tweekable. And, of course, this is where a driver with the experience of Bobby La Bonte comes into the picture. I'm hoping for a full support push from Petty and a realistic shot at the Chase next year. This may still be unintelligable gobbledegook to you but I think race fans will understand.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
quote:
lean on them to test the plate tracks a little more. Use the aero on the 2 and 1.5 cookie cutters and turn the 43 back into a competitor"

I didn't ask you about this quote because I thought you switched and started talking about planes. I didn't want to sound really stupid.

It sounded like something betweek Lee and Bill H. I can't understand those guys either.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post