Tools
Reply To This Topic

Help Name this poop
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have a Crosman 6500 (actually made by Anschutz) In 1985-86 they were imported by Crosman to upgrade their line. I guess they didn't sell that well, lasted only 2 years. I got it free around 95 because some dufus had buggered the trigger assembly. I fixed it and put a 2.5X scope on it.

The chronograph shows about 750 - 800 fps depending on the pellets. Won't go supersonic like the RWS will. (My neighbors wouldn't care if I used a .22 because they don't like the pests any more than I do.) .22 is better for coons but head shots seem to work every time with the pellet rifle.

This year it was rabbits... all the gardens were getting hammered hard. I shot 6 (ate the 2 big ones) and things improved. Lots of chipmunks, too.

Skunks... I trap those! confusion

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I have a Crosman 6500 (actually made by Anschutz) In 1985-86 they were imported by Crosman to upgrade their line.

My how things have changed. Now they import guns from China to upgrade their profits.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of RichieC
posted Hide Post
Really? you'd put antifreeze out to kill animals? That's pretty fn cruel. Mothballs around the perimeter will keep everything away.
Peace

Posts: 150 | Location: Nanaimo, B.C. | Member Since: 04-12-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Mothballs are great when they work but...

When I pour them down the chipmunk holes, they just push em out to the side, leave them next to the hole and go about their business of nesting with fiberglass insulation in my tractor cooling fins, eating well wires. Squirrels chewed phone line twice and cable once, steal all the bird seed, tree rats.

Don't get me wrong, as I said I'm not a fan of poison. Coons can be really bad, though. Some are extremely hard to trap or even see. I guess big dogs and a couple cats are the only sure things (Long as there ain't no bears!)

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Coons can be really bad, though. Some are extremely hard to trap or even see. I guess big dogs and a couple cats are the only sure things (Long as there ain't no bears!)

Cats are afraid of raccoons. Rats and squirrels can get into places dogs and cats cannot. Like inside the barn. I had to use MC for my pump and pressure tank wiring.

A friend swears by Rat A Way on his wires.

The few bears that visit are pretty benign, and leave the dog and cat alone.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Seaching thru an rv site- www.tweetys.com I came across a product called mouse free. Some sort of spray on.
Don't know anything about it or if it would help you.

Open up the tweetys site and in their search box type in mouse free.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I read about Mouse Free on this site:

http://www.rvdoctor.com/2012/0...estation-during.html

I had a problem with mice about a month ago. There were signs of them under the kitchen sink and couch. I was surprised since we are full-timers now. We spent the summer camphosting in northern Illinois. The mice showed up in late November right before we headed south for the winter. I caught 8 mice in snap traps. It looks like they are gone for now.

I didn't think we would have much trouble with mice since we are living in the motorhome now. I guess mice don't mind our company. I'll be spending the downtime sealing holes to make it a little harder to gain access.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Well the Tomcat poison must have worked. Still haven't seen the rats. A rabbit unfortunately got in the garage. I dont know how he got to the Tomcat. It is all on shelves.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
The rats in my crawl space have been sealed in since early December. I thought I had them, all, as the DeCon stopped being consumed. But, now, I have learned that some are still under there, eating bugs and ignoring my DeCon, JT Eaton bait blocks, anti freeze, traps and sticky pads.

I have switched from cheese and peanut butter to a mixture of peanut butter and birdseed on the 4 traps under there. If I have no luck tonight, I will go to town and buy some Golden Malrin and mix it with Coke. Being inside the closed crawl space, I have no fear of killing the wrong animals.

If that doesn't work, I will wait for warmer weather and introduce my resident pair of gopher snakes.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
We had a massive rat infestation. Tried most things mentioned. Finally we hit on.... little grapes. Also I taped (double sided) traps horizontally on the wall across their paths. Caught 19.

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reado:
Tried most things mentioned.

Does that include the fly bait/soda pop?

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:

I have switched from cheese and peanut butter to a mixture of peanut butter and birdseed on the 4 traps under there.

Success! The birdseed/PB mix was well-recommended, and seems to have worked. Caught one very healthy mouse and have seen no tracks under the house since. At least not in the areas I check.

First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
member.
I know knothing. hide

LOL

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin ! !
quote:
An answer to this question would be self-incrimination. It is against Federal law to use products for any purpose not recommended on the label. So I will answer for my fellow Barth member.
I know knothing.

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Just watched the news and between meteors falling and cruise ships floating around they showed the hungry rabbits at Denver Intl airport long term parking. They developed a taste for car wiring and are a real nusance. The airport people recommend to slater coyote urine on the wiring harness. Wonder if Walmart carries that java

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post