Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

CAMPING IN SOUTH FLORIDA
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
DOES anybody in south Florida go camping in Florida in the summer.just wondering haven't seen many journeys.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Suzy and I often take off to a State Park for a weekend getaway. Over the years we have found a few things necessary for enjoying summer camping.
Screen room,[see pic], because the flies are usually terrible in the heat of the day, and the skeeters come out near sunset.
A fan to move the air around in the screen room, or under the awning if the room isn't used.
A mister that attaches to awning and provides a very fine mist. It makes it feel 10 degrees cooler in the area. You'll need a splitter at the hose bib and an extra hose to the mister.
Being plugged in to their power, we run the AC on low pretty much all the time, except if we're leaving for an extended period, and if it's really hot even then.
The crowds are usually pretty thin in the summer, and you can usually get a good site with shade. Down in your neck of the woods Collier Seminole State Park is nice. It's down on 41 about ten miles out of Naples. Try for a site in the back loop and make sure it's big enough for your coach.
There's a park on Ft. Myers beach but I don't know much about it.
Hope this helps a little and go for it, the more you go Barthing the more you'll like it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a park on Ft. Myers beach

Although pricey and not our usual venue, we had
a great time at: http://www.redcoconut.com/

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
We used to camp at gulf beach campground in sarasota. It's right on the gulf and really nice. Very nice bar right across the street.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Try the W.P.Franklin CG (Federal Corp Of Engineers)on the north side of the Caloosahatchee river opposite the locks. From Naples, north on I-75 to exit 141, east on SR 80 4 miles to SR 31, north on SR 31 to SR 78, east on SR 78 3 miles, turn right at sign to CG Not a large CG but some what not well known (what a blessing)but fantastic for fishing and small boating and super for watching all sizes of boats passing through the locks going from the Gulf Of Mexico to the Atlantic Ocean and visa versa plus the locals. Lenny,from your home to CG is less than two hours............

W.P.Franklin CG
17850 North Franklin Road
Alva, FL 33920
(239) 694-8770

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great place Carl. We'll check it out soon. http://www.reserveamerica.com/...e=nrso&parkCode=wfrn

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Danny: Let me know know when you are coming,I'm only 9 miles away. We'll stop over for a visit

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know in August it is hot but I would like to get some Barth motor homes owners in a small group and meet and get to know everybody that lives in the area .maybe we could meet at a restaurant.I KNOW THAT MANY WIFE'S AND THEIR DRIVERS don't like heat and bugs. a nice seafood restaurant might be nice.we get back on the 4th of August Cape Coral might be a nice drive. with out the motor home or if you are willing with it then go camping.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still need a few things, I will find out when we get back from ohio still don't have the pacbrake hooked up .don't how to finish it.IT just ends without showing what to do.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
Take I-75 to exit 141 (state road 80 - aka Palm Beach Blvd.) Head east approx. 8 miles past Labelle, you will see another Army Corps of Engineers Park, Ortona Lock, nice park, only has a dump station if memory serves me correct. Good electric, good water, right on the Caloosahatchee River, you can watch the boats go by from your RV.

If you have the Golden Age Passport, I believe the rate is $8-$10 per night, with 2 week max in season.

It's a nice QUIET park, well worth the drive, and spotless.....

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are leaving for Cleveland for a month will be back about the 15th of aug unless a storm hits.then we will be back sooner .Am only going 350 miles a day .Just praying that everything goes well .Will be on the internet every night ,You will know the hole trip. I even need a suit Judye's 50th reunion. PS she is a preacher so I get enough.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

posted Hide Post
still would like to meet at a restaurant in Port charlet for lunch some day.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B