Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Propane tank
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted
I took my Barth to a local hardware store that had propane setup to fill my tank. I had 1/4 left even though the indicater above the entry door said I had 2/3.
Anyway, the discussion I had with the young man who was to do the filling was how much will it take to fill this thing. So, we looked at the stamping into the metal and found it to be a 47 gallon tank. They charge by pound. I found a helpful hint paper in the original wrapped enclosure stuck to the Barth and while a little worse for wear, it gave me the info we needed:

1.0 gallon is 5 pounds of LP.
7.2 gallons equals 30 pounds
9.2 gallons is 40 pounds.

Allows for 20% vapor space.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tom taylor:
I took my Barth to a local hardware store that had propane setup to fill my tank. I had 1/4 left even though the indicater above the entry door said I had 2/3.
Anyway, the discussion I had with the young man who was to do the filling was how much will it take to fill this thing. So, we looked at the stamping into the metal and found it to be a 47 gallon tank. They charge by pound. I found a helpful hint paper in the original wrapped enclosure stuck to the Barth and while a little worse for wear, it gave me the info we needed:

1.0 gallon is 5 pounds of LP.
7.2 gallons equals 30 pounds
9.2 gallons is 40 pounds.

Allows for 20% vapor space.

Tom Taylor
greetings, Tom. I have had propane powered vehicles for the last 20 years. One of them has an automatic shut off, filling tank to 80%. The others, including my Barth, have manual bleeds, meaning, they start bleeding liquid when they are 80% full. I find it hard to believe, that your system, doesn't have one of these fill up measures, including a safety relief valve. Wally 34 foot Monarch, Van Isle.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barth, have manual bleeds, meaning, they start bleeding liquid when they are 80% full.

That is how mine is, the guy that filled my tank opened the bleed valve untill it started to bleed liquid.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post