Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Barth Mobile Office
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello All
I'm close to buying a 1995 Barth Mobile Office. It has 20,000 miles and the interior is immaculate condition, working generator, air shocks, 454 gas. He wants $12500 for it. I want to turn it a motorhome/office with a wet bath.
Any advise? Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Denver, CO | Member Since: 02-19-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hudson, just my opinion, I bet you will have 25K into the unit before it is over. I do not know how long this coach is and what is already in place but, you could have a petty nice 30 ft Deasil Barth complete and ready for that amount.

25 Ft Glassnose, 2792, 1982
454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin

Posts: 1373 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Here's a point of reference: https://longisland.craigslist....ruck/7260784667.html

$6500, 34 feet, roughly 40K miles. I would assume every hose and tube needs replacement.

Time and money can provide any option you want. The key is to be both effective and efficient. On the one you found, are the windows sized and placed as you would want? What sort of floorplan? Can you find interior parts at "nice" prices? Finding a late model Brand X motorhome being parted out can help. If you are building something and going in to 5 figures, you don't want it to look like a hodgepodge of mismatched interior parts.

It's likely that you will end up with a machine you can enjoy for many years to come. But you will be dedicating many weekends to preparing it as you want, or hiring someone. You will learn all about white, grey, and black water tanks. You will learn all about house and truck electrical systems. You will learn all about 12VDC and 120VAC circuits. A big part of your first evaluation of the Barth is how it responded to the decades of not being used.

Good luck!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 355 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Look out below! Steel frame and aluminum body are fine so long as ne'er the twain shall meet. Unfortunately years and miles have taken a toll on many. Being a purposed unit it may have lived a charmed life. Like I say, "It's amazing what you find when you go look."
Best wishes and keep us informed.

If your not Royal don't get Coronated!

Posts: 957 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post