Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Barth Mobile Office
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Hudson
posted
Hello All
I'm close to buying a 1995 Barth Mobile Office. It has 20,000 miles and the interior is immaculate condition, working generator, air shocks, 454 gas. He wants $12500 for it. I want to turn it a motorhome/office with a wet bath.
Any advise? Thanks

Posts: 10 | Location: Denver, CO | Member Since: 02-19-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hudson, just my opinion, I bet you will have 25K into the unit before it is over. I do not know how long this coach is and what is already in place but, you could have a petty nice 30 ft Deasil Barth complete and ready for that amount.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2042 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Here's a point of reference: https://longisland.craigslist....ruck/7260784667.html

$6500, 34 feet, roughly 40K miles. I would assume every hose and tube needs replacement.

Time and money can provide any option you want. The key is to be both effective and efficient. On the one you found, are the windows sized and placed as you would want? What sort of floorplan? Can you find interior parts at "nice" prices? Finding a late model Brand X motorhome being parted out can help. If you are building something and going in to 5 figures, you don't want it to look like a hodgepodge of mismatched interior parts.

It's likely that you will end up with a machine you can enjoy for many years to come. But you will be dedicating many weekends to preparing it as you want, or hiring someone. You will learn all about white, grey, and black water tanks. You will learn all about house and truck electrical systems. You will learn all about 12VDC and 120VAC circuits. A big part of your first evaluation of the Barth is how it responded to the decades of not being used.

Good luck!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Look out below! Steel frame and aluminum body are fine so long as ne'er the twain shall meet. Unfortunately years and miles have taken a toll on many. Being a purposed unit it may have lived a charmed life. Like I say, "It's amazing what you find when you go look."
Best wishes and keep us informed.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
and here we go

Posts: 10 | Location: Denver, CO | Member Since: 02-19-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Looks really clean. Certainly an unusual piece. Congrats.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
I have the same type of motorhome. Check out my post. I chose not to add a shower, but did add water heater. Were one hour north of Denver near LaSalle if you want to see a conversion of this mobile office first hand.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate19:
Looks really clean. Certainly an unusual piece. Congrats.

Thanks Pirate

Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dustyjeeper:
I have the same type of motorhome. Check out my post. I chose not to add a shower, but did add water heater. Were one hour north of Denver near LaSalle if you want to see a conversion of this mobile office first hand.

Thanks Dusty I will have many questions for you and maybe we can meetup this summer.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I like the look of it. pics of inside?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
Here is the interior. We plan on adding a wet bath, mini kitchen and a murphy bed/couch.

Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
More

Picture of Hudson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hudson:
More

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Looks in very good condition. Your opportunity to make it what you want.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Very nice, very nice starting point. You will have to factor in the underside space, and the positions of the existing windows, to your new floor plan ideas. You won't have all the freedom you would wish for, when it comes to positioning the "black water tank", or the "grey water tank". You will have to put the bathroom over where ever the "black water tank" is positioned. "Grey water" can be put further away from the sink. Mine has just a "black water tank", and all the waste water flows there, no "grey water". Does your rig have a propane tank already?

Happy Motoring!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post