Tools
Reply To This Topic

Road side assistance
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a roadside assistance program? We have used good Sam but they left us on the roadside TWICE.

Thanks.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Mine is tied into my insurance company, can call any State Farm agency and get help or my own and they will send help. For me it works better than Triple A did.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Agree with Duane, cars, house, camper, never a question and no question about the small boat. Mercedes died 50 miles from home with my wife and mom aboard the tow driver's wife followed in a separate car, took Mom and Liz home and I rode with the driver to shop, then home to rendezvous. Not bad for Sunday especially since Mom was a participant.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I use State Farm also. Most insurance companies have this. Read you policy. However, you may have to do the legwork and prepay.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

We’ve used Coach-Net based on comments posted previously on Barthmobile.

We needed it once in the 9 years we’ve owned Tonka.

One of the battery cables broke on the way home from the last Milford GTG. Coach-Net responded quickly. We were given the choice between a repair or a tow to the nearest service center.

We opted for the repair. I think the entire event took under three hours to resolve from initial call to repair. I don’t recall what the actual repair cost but it seemed fair given the circumstance.

If we’d had a toad I probably would have looked for a NAPA or truck service center as we were near a city and it was a simple fix.

We were very satisfied with the company and the service tech, and plan to stay with them as long as we have Tonka and their service and people are this good.

Thanks, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Not to be Deadhorse I have had Coach-Net and had to use it twice. It gives me piece of mind. They towed the coach and towed the truck. Both times a life saver. Last time 20 below and blew a tire and then the spare

They were great both times. 20 below I got them to haul me 30 extra miles to an open Walmart to get tires. I had me dog, guns, dead pheasants that were not going to do well overnight waiting for someone to open.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post