Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1974 Barth C Class
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello - thought I would drop in to say hello from Alberta Canada and to introduce a new addition to our family - a 1974 Barth C Class - Barth has been checked over at the auto shop, he is mechanically sound and ready to roll. The interior is in great shape - I am sure the upholstery is original. Blue velvet with stripes!

I have a few questions about the exterior - is the aluminium meant to be polished or remain unpolished? If polished what is the best product to use? The roof has been sealed and needs redoing. What is the best product to use to reseal the roof? The windows need resealing - where is the best place to purchase the new seals?

That is it for now, I am looking forward to being a part of the forum and to your responses.

Cheers, Janet

Posts: 5 | Location: Alberta | Member Since: 09-05-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your Class C. As an owner of a 76 Class C I have a real like of them. Having front doors, roll down windows, vent windows, better access to engine, and cab over bed make room for lots of storage. Parts have been easy to find and not bad priced. 16.5" tires are not the easiest to find. I ended up with Firestone on ours. Have been happy with them.

I think a polished out looks great but not worth the time and effort to do and maintain. Remember you have a 40+ year old coach that has weathered just fine. If you search Lee's post on what it took to polish and maintain you will find how to do it and maintain a polished coach. polishing

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Barth Family, I am sure you will enjoy the Class C and the folks at this site!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2044 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Welcome
I love the 40 year patina but not everyone does.

Roof Sealing/coating search Anvil 400 on the site. You will get some good info. I tried something else and was able to pressure wash it off 2 years late. Shouldn't be able to do that.

Windows? I'll be watching. I also could use some info for Camp Barth.

Good Luck and again Welcome

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your words of welcome. I am sure I will be visiting the site often. I will keep with the weathered patina look - but will buff up the weathered blue stripe and hood. We replaced the tires with the 16.5 Firestones, and we like them. Thanks as well for the tip about the Anvil product, I checked around and cannot locate in our stores. What about Dicor - has anybody tried that as a roof sealant?

We are delighted with our Barth and looking forward to enjoying many years of travel. We may reserve him for local trips and use our 19 foot C Class for longer trips. Barth has only about 36,000 miles; however, given the age, we do not want to add extra stress and strain with longer trips.

I will post photos later. Thanks again and have a great day!

Posts: 5 | Location: Alberta | Member Since: 09-05-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
WELCOME, Janet. Salute
This discussion includes some info on the 22M:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...573911557#3573911557

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
see here--- https://www.amazon.com/Anvil-C...t-reviews/B015D5I0P8

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Morgan and Dave - beneficial information. I am printing it off for the binder. The C Class pictured - looks identical to our Barth - complete with the Blue Accents. Have a great weekend, Janet

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I believe it was Dicor that I used. Thumbs Down I was able to pressure wash it right off. I hate bad mouthing anything in case it was my prep. I did the same prep with the Anvil and it is super.

Anvil 400 was what was originally put on the Barth’s. 20 plus years with no issues. Better than any Amazon Review.

I coated DBarth and Camp Barth. The 72 was a real mess. They had put all kinds of garbage on there. Spent 2 days pressure washing and scraping to get the the original Anvil underneath. Then cleaned and recoated.

Prep is key don’t skip. You would regret it.

Hard to find got it direct and shipped to the house the last time. before that Sherwin Williams.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Anvilpaints.com/roof-coatings.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

posted Hide Post
Hello Dana, Thank you - I will purchase the Anvil product.

posted Hide Post
We spent the day cleaning the interior of our Barth. I discovered a label on the back of the bathroom closet door which states that our Barth is M19 and not the M22 that we thought. This week we are getting the internal systems checked - propane, furnace, fridge, water tank, toilet etc. Once they are up and running, we are planning a short trip to Jasper.

Does anyone know how many C Classes were produced?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Does anyone know how many C Classes were produced?

There were about 500 coaches built during the time C classes were built. I am guessing less than 10% were Class C. I would say less than 50.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post