Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Drain hose storage
 Login now/Join our community

posted
So I'm looking at the flex-hose storage compartment and thinking I'd hate to get it wet from residual draining after hose storage. Then I'm looking at this huge rear bumper area and thinking a 4" or 6" capped section of PVC pipe would fit nicely there.

How do you store the drain hoses? The previous owner obviously used the compartment as intended. Is there a better way/place?

------------------
Ron

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
My unit has a storage tube under the frame next to the gray & black wates outlets. its about 5' long with a cap at one end. Maybe they're all like that but its very convienent and easy to get to.

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I have this storage chute for my hose. Does anyone elso have this.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Duuhhhh! The pic Dave posted looks just like a view under mine too. I just didn't have a clue what that "broken-pipe" was used for!

OK, do I get the bonehead award yet or do any serious contenders out there think they can challenge me? LOL I looked at that open-top tube and thought, "how the heck did that thing get broken"?

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Ron, we'll have none of that "dumb me" talk. If I were to start a thread on this forum for the silly things we have all done it would fill up the servers memories in no time. I had my coach for a year before I found out that he battery box rolled out.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The battery box rolls out! I'll take my trophy now! :-)

1st month member
posted Hide Post
We have the same setup for sewer line but it will only fit a short hose. I put in a 4" PVC extra holder close to the back bumper with a big hose clamp and a homemade aluminum bracket. Also, painted it flat black so its barely noticeable. Its great for those long reaches when the short hose just won't make it.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just checked and you're right. The existing is good for one 10' section of the hose.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My Barth drain hose storage was too short and too small inside. I replaced it with a length of square plastic fence post. I got it at Lowes. This is large enough to allow the fittings to slide in while attached to the hose. I am speaking of the fitting that attaches to the valve drain. I had to file off the gripping lugs to make it fit, but with a little silicone spray, it works great. The other end has a 90 degree fitting, which is easier for the wife to hold down with her foot and less likely to jump out of the drain hole. I used the red EZ Coupler thread-on fittings made by Valterra.

http://www.valterra.com/RV/RvMainPage.htm

Now I can leave fittings attached to both hose ends for Really quick dumping.

We get applause from the folks waiting behind us.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
I saw an automatic sewer hose deployment device on either the Travel or Discovery Channel -Ultimate RV show. This thing shot the sewer line out of a Prevost. A true commodian would appreciate this gadget. I think it's supposed to show again tonight.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I didn't think Prevost owners had to use their sewer??

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 10, 2003).]

posted Hide Post
No, I heard that they use them, but they don't have to add perfume. I do know only one prevost owner, and he says "I owned a Barth years ago and it was a great coach". I only know one owner so maybe that doesn't count. Saw one today, and it was super cool though. We are near a big out door theater so we see a lot of them. A few weeks ago Jimmy Buffet was here and he had four all alike, and very subtle. Wow has the slider movement killed non-slider sales.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
My Barth came with several different lengths of hose and some different connectors, elbows etc. The previous owner simply threw them in the large compartment next to the dump compartment. I went to Wall Mart and bought a large Rubbermaid storage container to hold it all and bought a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves and 15 foot hose with a spray nozzel to help clean things up when needed. It all fits nicely in the container. The compartment takes up about half the space in the large compartment. I tried to fit the big hose in the black tube in the dump compartment, but the tube was not long enough to hold the hose. I'm looking for alternatives and discovered the Sewer Solutions unit. I think it looks like a good idea. Here is their URL - www.sewersolution.com.

------------------
William B. Goodwin

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The Sewer Solution is good, but it doesn't pump uphill very well. Unfortunately, my cleanout is at the end of my uphill driveway, so I don't use it much any more. Had to buy a macerator.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Bill H, I read a bit about mascerators on Phred Tinseth's Poop Sheets website, he thinks they are excellent. Do you use yours all the time or only in special circunstances?

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post