Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My New Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
First off HI everyone. New to the forum and a new Barth owner. I found a great deal on a 1989 Regal 25. I bought it from the original owners. This was thier second Barth. They also had a 79 21' before this one.

My unit has 83k on it but the engine has 51k on it. They had so much trouble with the 454 that GM replaced it with only 32k on it.

I have lots of docs on both the 79 and my 89 once I get my scanner. I'll get more pix after I get things cleaned up. I'm so happy there is a great community here and look forward to meeting some other Barth peeps in the near future.

Bones

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Welcome Bones, tell us more and we really like pictures.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the welcome Mary. My connection dropped right in the middle of posting so I had to go back and edit the original post.

Me and my Barth are in Lake Havasu City at my parents place. My wife is back in northern IL. I did a snowbird deal this winter. I'm down here to help my parent move to the new house they just bought (with full RV hookups I might add *grin*).

My wife will be coming down at the end of April for my brother's wedding. We'll drive the Barth back to IL, selling off most of our stuff and it's fulltime for us. Property tax to too high in IL for me anymore.

Oh yeah, we are going to try to make it to Indiana in May. I want to get a picture of the old Barth factory for Paul and June, the original owners. Paul was upset when I drove his baby off and I understand why.

Bones

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of Mike and Mary
posted Hide Post
Hello Bones and welcome to the site. Nice looking coach - you must be very happy. A lot of very nice, very helpful people in this group. Stick around- you'll like them. Good luck on the drive back Tooling Along Mike of Mike and Mary

Posts: 13 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 11-22-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Welcome Bones! Nice looking coach, can't wait to see more pictures! Smiler

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard Bones... We all hope you can make it to Milford in May. It would be nice to meet you and a great chance for you to get to see a bunch of other Barth's, meet some wonderful people and have some fun learning about your new coach....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome Bones - glad to see that you posted some picture!!! We love poster, but we really love pictures. Thumbs Up

You can't post too much here so keep us updated and snap a picture of the data tag for us too! Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
What part of Northern Il.? My mom's family was on both sides of the Il., Wi. border.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
What part of Northern Il.? My mom's family was on both sides of the Il., Wi. border.

We're in Sycamore/DeKalb near NIU...GO Huskies!

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400