Tools
Reply To This Topic

RV Hall of Fame and Museum
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted
I just got this on Facebook,

RV Travel: We just learned that the RV Hall of Fame and museum in Elkhart, Indiana is in financial trouble and may have to shut down. That would be a shame. We will have an update soon on our news site RVnewsService.com . We'll update here, too.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I have mixed emotions on this. First, it's too bad that those who own RV's don't care enought to keep its past alive. On the other side, if there is no market for what they have, maybe it should close. I am anxious to see how others feel.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
This economy makes it tough for everyone. One thing is for sure, this financial climate will weed out the weaklings.

I better get out there before it's too late.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I better get out there before it's too late.

You're in for a treat! I will try to post some pictures of what we saw while there at the homecoming GTG. This would indeed be a shame.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
It is a super cool place. We really enjoyed our visit. Hope they find a way to keep it going.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
Here is an update:

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011...s-on-‘life-support’/

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Just read in FMCA an update of the financial situation of the HofF. They are chipping away @ the debt. I went here & http://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/
if you want to read article on "Burn the Bank Note" on the HofF web site. What do you fellow members think about collecting donations in the name of the Barthmobile.com members. Make a one time donation in our name. I think it might be kind of cool since we are a rare breed of RV's.

one idea:
The donation would be tax deductible. Therefore to take advantage of this one person could receive checks written to The Hall of Fame Break the Bank Note post dated for March 30th??? Then send them the checks from Barthmobilers.com????

I've been here & it's worth the trip.

Suggestions, opinions, etc.??

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post