Forums    General Discussions    Rusty Keeney, R. I. P.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rusty Keeney, R. I. P.
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I totally agree. Perhaps Kevin can edit the Community Announcement title to reflect this change. A GTG T shirt would be a fitting tribute as well.

I am looking forward to a toast in his honor when we meet in Milford. I am sure we will do the same in Minnesnowta in June. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5179 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Perhaps Kevin can edit the Community Announcement title to reflect this change. cheers

Salute Thumbs UpThanks for the idea steve VW. I will see what I can do.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I was going to make Rusty some Barth shirts with a picture of his coach on them. I think that might become the design for "The Rusty Memorial GTG". I have some good pictures of his coach from several GTGs and I can use them in the art. I'll post updates here as I work on it.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of a Memorial GTG to honor Rusty. I also appreciate Nick, Tom and Steve for going the extra mile and getting things done.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
As always Stinky Daddy will execute an outstanding design for us.

We have a marvelous community of Barth friends.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I just gave blood because of Rusty leaving this mortal coil. I had quit giving just before dad died because it was getting so difficult to get a pint out. Rusty’s passing motivated me to try again today. It went well I had been struggling to get a pint out without failure.

I like the idea of renaming the Milford get together. Rusty touched a lot of people personally and online in our Barth family.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
My wife and I met Rusty at the Florida GTG. I will always remember Rusty for his incredible onion soup, his love for his dogs and his outstanding memory for details. Rusty was always interesting to talk to. My sympathy to his family.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
I am totally at a loss for words, in shock. Although we never spent much time with Rusty it was very evident that he was definitely one of the Barth Matriarchs. He was respected by everyone who knew him. My heart is heavy and he will be missed at all the future GTG. We 100% agree with honoring Rusty at the June GTG. Great idea Nick. You can also count us in for the memorial t-shirt. Such a sad, sad day. Rest in Heaven Rusty.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Lots of memories,help and advise from a fantastic man. I remember Rusty going up on the roof to my front A/C with Nick and Sky tossing tools to him. Then watching Nick replace (with Rusty and And Sky's help) the faulty connection to his hot water heater. That is when I knew I had true Barth friends...........Betty & Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Excellent ideas Nick and Steve VW and good work Kevin!Smiler

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Sorry to see Rusty go, had a few times with him, always helpful. RIP Rusty.....

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Wow...to come back on the site to see the passing of truly one of the great men of Barthmobile. Always there for all. Never a mean word for any. It was a pleasure meeeting him a couple of times at GTG's. All on this site will miss him dearly, but he has left behind lot's of kind words, ton's of information and lasting memories.
Bruce

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Thank you, God, for Rusty. He will be sorely missed and greatly remembered. A true friend.

We shall attend Rusty's Memorial GTG.

Lou and Barb

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/17
Picture of Janet Rocco
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this, he will be in my prayers.

Posts: 43 | Location: Tampa, FL | Member Since: 12-27-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
God Bless family and friends .
R.I.P. Rusty

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post