Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Pictures of the Barth cross country trip
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of brumi
posted
As you can tell from the photos, this is a Barth known to Barthmobile followers. It is the 22 foot built for Allan of Solvang in 1997. He took excellent care of it and sold it to PatnPat of California this spring.
It was not listed for sale by Pat but I tracked him down and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
Why? Well just look at it. You can not buy anything like this new today and it is as good as new.
A 22 ft class A that can tow my 16 ft aluminum race trailer. With 4 hydraulic levelers I can raise the rear end to lower my trailer tail for easy unloading of a low clearance sports racer. I vintage race and it is perfect for a weekend at the track for my wife and I. The ultimate two person coach for race weekends.
I must say, Pat and his wife are first class. He picked me up at the airport and had a site paid for that night. The coach was in immaculate condition. He took us to the park and showed me how to hook up and demonstrated all the bells and whistles of the Barth.
His wife then showed up with a roast chicken, salad and dressing, some sort of delicious bean dish, and bottle of wine in the desk for our first nights supper in the Barth.
They were just what anyone with buyers remorse needs to assure you that you made the right
Pictures are as follows:
First campground ever for me near Medford Oregon decision.
Bonneville Salt flats
At the Salt flats there were two young ladies taking glamour shots on the salt. One looked up and shouted
Hey , that's a Barth
I was amazed
She said her grandfather owned a Barth and she loves them. Photo shoot went to the Barth
Chicks aren't alone in diggin the Barth. The wild Burros in South Dakota thought it was the bees knees too
The bugs in Wyoming were just dying to get a better look
The Crazy Horse monument was nice
Thats all for me
Getting to be a little boring for you all. Like someone showing the baby photo album.
Had a great time and look forward to more

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brumi:
Getting to be a little boring for you all. Like someone showing the baby photo album.
hmm You keep posting those photos and we'll keep reading them.

Being a fellow NY'er I have to ask... Where in NY are you located?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
We have never complained about having too many pictures. Smiler

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Hello Bill
I am located in Syracuse
To Ray and Danny Z:
The Sebring vintage races I was referring to were the HSR and SVRA races in early and late March

Posts: 14 | Location: ny | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, brumi, great trip. I got a little nostalgic about your photo on the salt.I made several trips there during Speed Weeks in the early '50s.

But what are you taking to Sebring beside the Barth? I had a friend who completed the 12 hours of Sebring sometime in the '50s in his daily driver; of all things, a 4 seat MG tourer; or maybe it was a Singer, I can't remember which.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
Olroy
I'll be taking my 1966 Crossle sports racing car

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
fyi My name is lenny and my wife and I live in the swamps of Florida golden gate a part of Naples.To keep bugs off of your coach use furniture polish spray can just spray and do not wipe till you stop for the night.you will be surprised how easy they come off.Great looking coach. WE WILL MEET SOMEDAY.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello Bill
I am located in Syracuse
To Ray and Danny Z:
The Sebring vintage races I was referring to were the HSR and SVRA races in early and late March

OMG...another Barth in Syrause...and owned by another track addict! My Barth gets down to Watkins Glen 7 or 8 times a year - usually towing a track car of some sort.

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of brumi
posted Hide Post
chrisW
Wow...what a small world!
What cars do you race at Watkins Glen?
My new , just finished project is an old porsche 944.
It was a turbo but not enought punch for me. So we cast and cnc'd a bespoke alloy intake manifold with twin ( yes two ) INTEGRAL superchargers with two seperate air intakes. Similar to the new cosworth Miata duratec intake manifold with integral supercharger. By using small twin bilateral superchargers we were able to water cool each side and still keep the profile low enough to use stock hood.
Sorry, probaly more than you ever wanted to know about a car ( I won't even get into the electromotive and Mega Squirt integration problem solving ). But it was an exciting project. Runs like a scalded cat
Brumi

Picture of chrisW
posted Hide Post
quote:
chrisW
Wow...what a small world!
What cars do you race at Watkins Glen?
My new , just finished project is an old porsche 944.
It was a turbo but not enought punch for me. So we cast and cnc'd a bespoke alloy intake manifold with twin ( yes two ) INTEGRAL superchargers with two seperate air intakes. Similar to the new cosworth Miata duratec intake manifold with integral supercharger. By using small twin bilateral superchargers we were able to water cool each side and still keep the profile low enough to use stock hood.
Sorry, probaly more than you ever wanted to know about a car ( I won't even get into the electromotive and Mega Squirt integration problem solving ). But it was an exciting project. Runs like a scalded cat
Brumi

You couldn't be more wrong...about the wanting to know more!

I club race a 944 turbo - with custom intake and exhaust manifolds (and lots of other tweaks) - it a 16v head fitted to a 3.1 liter bottom end)...and to top it off...I am an Electromotive dealer/installer!!!

Now we have to get together some time - shoot me an email at chris@944enhancement.com and I'll give you my phone number.

PS, judging by the use of the word 'bespoke' you must have some English heritage in there somewhere...same here!

1985 Regency 35'
8.2T Detriot Diesel / Allison
other toys - a bunch of old Porsches, a GT350 and a '65 mustang convertible.

Posts: 164 | Location: Syracuse NY | Member Since: 07-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post