Forums    General Discussions    Gillig Chassis Manual..?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Gillig Chassis Manual..?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
Have seen mention of a Gillig chassis manual in the forums.. I contacted Gillig and the response was:

"...I can have a parts manual made up for you, part# 81-OWNER-3208 $225.00ea + freight. Lead time is approximately 4 weeks...."

pricey..any other options out there..viewable or download link or...?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike, I was waiting for someone else to chime in. No other comments yet. I have paid over $200 for both my Lexus manual and my Ford F250 manuals. So your quote is not that pricey. Keep an eye on feeBay and you might see one there.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin,

Will consider it AND keep looking..he did mention 'making it up' for me so maybe sort-of-custom.. Smiler. for my application...

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
If you mean the Gillig Chassis Manual for the Barth I have one that came with my '93 Regency. I believe Nick may have scanned his and sent it for the CD you can get from Bill NY for $25.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Tom, would you be able to scan the title page and maybe the first page of the table of contents of your Gillig Chassis Manual so I can see what it looks like..?

Also, does your manual have a number on it..i.e: part# 81-OWNER-3208 or whatever..?

Bill NY, can you confirm that the Gillig Chassis Manual is in the most recent Barth CD also?

All I think I saw was the Gillig Vin decoder..

M/C-W

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
Mountian master chassis but no manual never got one.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom L, I should have been more specific on my request. I was talking to Tom of Tom and Julie re: the Gillig chassis manual.. Should have known there was more than one Tom out there..Smiler

I mean..really...my name is Mike..there is usually a half dozen of those in ANY group HA! D'oh

thanks though, nice coach you have .. and for sale too!

M/C-W