Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I'm so sad :(
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I found out from the city i cannot keep a rv here so i will not be able to do a restorationFrowner i posted the info about it but didn't see a option for adding a pic here is the one i have so far i will be taking very detailed pics when i return there but also i need to look at a ready to go rv so far i like allegro,georgie boy,hmm nothing else comes to mind ? any suggestions please especially ones that use real hardwood ?

Posts: 10 | Location: florida | Member Since: 03-11-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tiffen's (Allegro) older coaches aren't particularly well built, nor are Georgie Boy's of any vintage. Older Safaris, Firans, Hawkins, etc., are better.

What city do you live in?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
get the Barth for 3-3.5K and find a place to work on it.
Very few other old coaches (as I said before) should be considered. For every durable motorhome, ie Barth, there were hundreds, if not thousands, of stick n staple cracker boxes. If I were you, I'd consider an Xplorer, Foretravel, Executive, Landau... NO, wait, don't waste your money on those SOB (some other brand). You're better off doing without.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm with MD; there's no reason to consider other coaches if the city's ridiculous ordinances keep you from working on it. No other brand is going to need less work.

However, see if there are loopholes for restoration of antiques, etc.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
?!?! Are there now three different threads on this thing ?!?!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post