Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Coach
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
So is the picture on the bedroom you in front of Buford?

Sounds like a good music playlist to me.

Keep us informed. Great job on pics.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Surprised those old TV's were 12 volt. The new flat screens look great though. Love the license plate replacement. Maybe that will comfort Buford, and he will stop making things difficult, hee hee! I used to cuss him, he seemed to sometimes resist repairs and changes. like give up his old TV's!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2040 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Hattieville Arkansas Smiler
We'll have to come by for a visit next time we are near . Looks like you are having fun with the coach , really like the front license plate . We also changed out our tv's . We put the larger tv in the bedroom and a small one up front . Under the head of our new rv queen memory foam mattress is a Mattress Genie . It is an inflatable bladder that raises the head for reading and watching tv . The bluray player is under the tv . For sound , I installed a Bluetooth amplifier that is connected to the stereo speakers over the head of the bed . The tv plugs into it with a 3.5mm speaker cable . It works great Smiler .
The front tv plugs into the existing dash stereo .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I do not watch much tv. I am guessing when you get a "New Coach" you probably check out the new coach to see if he is going to benefit the team.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect the tv is only the beginning . We have made many changes and upgrades thus far . Mechanic
Several more upgrades and projects forthcoming Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
Only the beginning is right. And no, Duane, the new plate did NOT inspire Buford to cooperate. I just spent three hours with his stubborn self, installing the new car stereo. Wound up running new hot wires before I could get it to work, and killed a Dremel tool to cut the panel. (The Dremel may not have been Buford's fault, it was a Walmart special that is going back tonight!) But I now have tunes, with bluetooth capability and can actually see the buttons and screen at night. You'll remember the stereo in it had the backlight burnt out, so no way to see what button you were pushing or station you were listening too.
Lou (my wife) has decided she wants a "country style" to the RV so she ordered some bedding and other items off of Amazon last night. It sounds like I'm spending a ton right off the bat, but alot of the stuff I'm doing I had stored back from earlier projects, thankfully. But she didn't have "suitable bedding"
And Harold, Y'all need to get over to Petit Jean State Park sometime, preferably during the father's day weekend car show/swap meet. It's beautiful any time, but on Swap meet days, I never leave!
And, btw, what kind of mount do you run for Ham rigs? I'm thinking about buying another 706MKGII and hamsticks for 40 meters, but haven't had time to really look closely and mounting possibilities. Been a couple years since I was active in the hobby. (de AC5RM)
Oh, and Dana, from earlier- no that's not me on the screen. I had youtube on and searched up "Barth" for the test of the set. :-)

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent you a message . Too many pictures to post here , I'll email our setup .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

posted Hide Post
Here is a thread about some of our improvements , repairs and upgrades .

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/2173996597

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
Wife wasn't crazy about the couch....she decided on a black and white "country theme", and off we went to Hobby Lobby. Anything I do right now has to be a bit of a budget upgrade, too. So, as bad as I wanted a new Flexsteel leather jackknife sofa, it's not happening for a while.
But, when we walked into Hobby Lobby, I found that they had a ton of Lou's chosen patterns items. AND- they were 50-80% off.
I bought four giant -like 64x84- tablecloths, and decided I'd wrap the couch. The lines aren't perfect, and I'm not a pro, but I think it looks decent. Tossed the extra material over the doghouse before calling Lou out to look, just as a place to lay it- and she likes that. I don't think it'll be a great covering- I'm afraid there it'll get a bit dirty.
But here's before:

And here's after:
after1

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you click Computer on the pictures they get BIG. ROTFLMAO The chairs on the passenger side look like regency chairs! hmm

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Looks real nice Five-Oh!! You are making it your own.

Yes Kevin,, as you very well know those chairs are from a Regency......YOURS!!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2040 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
If you click Computer on the pictures they get BIG. ROTFLMAO The chairs on the passenger side look like regency chairs! hmm

No idea why those pics did that. Confused
And re:Regency chairs- My wife and daughter LOVE them, and claim they are the most comfortable chairs ever.......

Maybe in a few years, I'll use the chairs as an argument to "upgrade" to a Regency pusher. "See honey, those chairs you love came out of a Regency. Just imagine how comfortable the WHOLE coach will be if the chairs are that comfortable?" ROTFLMAO

Happy Thanksgiving, all! I seriously debated taking the coach to my mother in law's so I'd have a place to run to, but figure it'd be in bad taste. SO I guess I'll suck it up, drive the Corvette, and simply skeddaddle when it looks appropriate. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
I am thinking it would be nice Thumbs Up if a few other pictures did the enlargement thing. Enlargement on the pictures enabled a good comparison of the couch cover. Nice way to link pictures. The chairs are high mileage chairs, with 140,000 miles on them before the Barth to Barth transfer.
Is the Corvette a bit cramped for the whole family? Too cramped will be a good excuse to take the Barth next time.

Picture of five-oh
posted Hide Post
The Corvette definitely IS cramped for the whole family. Which, honestly, is kinda the point of having it, so I can be alone. Big Grin
But, we've got the wife's lux-o-barge Caddy SUV for family trips. I take the 'vette so I can leave when I want. ROTFLMAO

Got up this morning to discover I was left to my own devices, as the kid was at grandma's and the wife was at work.
I fired up the 'vette and went shopping, with the intent of finding a black Friday deal on a microwave to replace the dead one in the coach. No dice, but a stop at a local flea market found one- the size I need and all, perfect condition for $60.
Now I've wrestled that old one out of the cabinet, the replacement in the cabinet, and opened the bedding that came in from Amazon. Also got a small cb to install, for traffic reports, then realized I'm going to have to stand on my head to uninstall the old one and find the co-ax. Not today.. besides, I'm probably fixing to be installing a ham rig or two, so I'll do all the radio installs at the same time. Otherwise, I'm liable to be redoing work. Confused
Oh, gassed up the tank yesterday and figured mileage. I didn't exactly keep records on the trip home, but the tank from Branson home, plus a few trips to town at 26 miles round trip meant that to the best of my figuring, we got about 6.8mpg. And that's with me driving it like I stole it and it running pig-rich.
Fixing to get some carb work and a general tune up. I bet If I do that and keep my foot out of it, I can get 8mpg out of it..

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
8 mpg should be possible for 25 ft coach, maybe 9. hmm

My 33 ft tag axle Regal with 4.56 rear axle got 8 mpg at 60 mph. Originally about 6.5 but after headers, fuel injection and higher compression HO engine it had about 400 hp, ran really strong and got better mileage.

I still miss that thing on hills. It had no problem... Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post