Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Some more info
relay

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Holly fuel regulator

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Here is some info for your reading enjoyment
new electric fuel pump

Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Duane, Post several links on fuel system on p-30 coaches that might help you. You will not info in the truck service manual. It does not address electric fuel pump. Hope this help you in understand your system. There a page 1985 1/2 and up in tank system. does not show relay but it says relay shipped with chassis. The work to removing tank might be worth it to be able to replacing the old hoses. Remember your have fun. I do wish you luck on your project. Take time on trip to the GTG. Tell everyone hello. Forget the 88 till you get back.

Craig

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Duane, Post several links on fuel system on p-30 coaches that might help you. You will not info in the truck service manual. It does not address electric fuel pump. Hope this help you in understand your system. There a page 1985 1/2 and up in tank system. does not show relay but it says relay shipped with chassis. The work to removing tank might be worth it to be able to replacing the old hoses. Remember your have fun. I do wish you luck on your project. Take time on trip to the GTG. Tell everyone hello. Forget the 88 till you get back.

Graig, Thank you so much!! Lots of fine information, just a quick browse so far but answered several questions already!!!!

Craig

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2053 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Searched for fuel filter similar to the ones Steve used in his 86, no where to found at the auto parts stores or my back up Farm and Fleet. So I just used a inline filter like the one I took out. Perhaps Steve will tip me where he got his. Could be mounted in place of this inline pretty easily.

Took a close look at how to pull the tank, while spraying the rusted ole mounting and strap bolts.

So when they mounted the levelers, they hid the strap supports, will have big trouble getting them off and even worse putting them back on.. Never ends!!

BTW 88 started right up after installing the new filter. Drained some fuel from the lines when I changed it but it started instantly. Either tonight or tomorrow, hopefully will swap it out with Nose, so I can stock up and get ready to go to Minnesnowta Monday!!

End of day 7 and this saga until back from Minnesnowta!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2053 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
My fuel was hidden between frame and tank and hid by leveler hoses. this one of the reason I dropped my tank. they have an access for it thru frame and ran the leveler hoses over top of it. Much easier to get to if you don't have levelers. Get ready and enjoy your trip.

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got those filters from Summit:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1511

They were cheaper then!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Thanks for great info Graig and Steve, only have a single tank so will need only one filter. Hey 88 went 8 miles so I guess at least some of the problem was the inline filter, the thing must not have been changed in decades.

Nose is in the driveway, Start the fridge and stock up. Give it a vacuum and maybe a wash, hook up the dolly and Miata, off to Minnesnowta Monday morning!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So back from the Minnesnowta GTG and brought the Regal back from the storage area.

Funny thing after driving Nose almost 700 miles, I can sure feel the improvements in the handling, nose holds the road and rolls and changes in the road are really barely transmitted to the steering or ride. I drove the Regal 8 miles at low speed, the thing is all over the road, pitch of the road is transmitted to and amplified in the coach. As it is a real road hazard.

Nose has new front air springs and after market coil over shocks in the front, does not have air bags in the back. The Regal front air springs are disintegrated and the back ones are flat, no coil over shocks. All that needs to be fixed or up graded before the Michigan GTG.

Final GVW of nose is 14,000 and the Regal 12,400 pounds but the Regal feels like a lot heavier unit and if it handled well I am sure it would be a nicer ride than Nose.

Got gutsy when I got in my area and going up a steep hill floored it, took off, but then got gas starved and almost quit, so the fuel tank still has to come down, but the clean filter at least will let it go down the road "slowly"!!

Cool off a bit next week and back at it!!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
[quote]25CG3 3570 1988
]

Final GVW of nose is 14 tons and the Regal 12.4 tons confusion

My '83 25 foot glas noz has a gross vehicle weight rating of
12,300 pounds that's 6.15 tons. I guess that is because it is mostly aluminum. ROTFLMAO Sorry

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Dick you are so right, I said tons and it is actually as you said 14,000 for the Euro and 12,400 pounds for the Regal!

Thanks for the correction!!!

BTW I inflated the rear air bags in the Regal and they seem to work, see if they hold air overnight..

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I inflated the rear air bags in the Regal and they seem to work,
Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Not sure why but been working on the power stairs. they were taken off and given to me in pieces.The basic motor drive system is good, the frame was bent and would not move. The control for the system was missing.

So lubricated all the moving joints, beat the frame kinda straight. jumped the battery to the motor wires and behold, it moves up and down. Polarity determines up or down.

Looked up a new control unit the thing is almost $200. Decided to make my own, went to the auto store bought 2 single pole, double throw relays and a momentary on/off/on switch. Still to expensive at $40 for the lot. Did it anyway. Wired up a polarity switching circuit, run by the switch. Works fine.

Reinstalled the stair on the coach, wired up the relays to the motor, still have to figure out where to mount the up/down switch. Good to go!

Soon will have easy access to a coach that only goes slow!!!! Have to get the gumption to drop that fuel tank!! Some Day!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Major projects needed for the 88.

1, Re-wire the roof A/C
2, Fix or replace the generator
3, Clean and revamp the fuel tank and filter
4, Determine and repair the DC circuit to fridge
5, Install coil over shocks to the front, and possibly
new air springs
6, Rear shocks and maybe spring assist leaf's
7, Pretty up the out and insides
8, Remove AIR pumps
9, Fix the leveling system
10, Remove or repair dash A/C
11, Fix electric captains chairs

Not a lot of expense, but tons of labor, unless a new generator is needed!!

P30 chassis
350 engine