Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Barth owner here
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of snakedriver
posted
Hello folks, I just got into the Barth world by buying a 1972 Barth 25 footer from Craigslist. It needs a ton of work, but I'm jumping into it. I'm impressed by the knowledge and generosity of this site's members. I've already learned a lot!

Posts: 21 | Location: Stafford VA | Member Since: 11-13-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our boards. Hope you take lots of photos and post away.

What's your first order of biz?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
Welcome!

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snakedriver
posted Hide Post
Hey folks, I took some pictures of the data plates today. Is there anything you can tell me?

Posts: 21 | Location: Stafford VA | Member Since: 11-13-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of snakedriver
posted Hide Post
Another one:

Picture of snakedriver
posted Hide Post
The first order of business is to get her on the road. The 402 big block turns over, which is good news. The brake pedal goes all the way to the floor, which is not. I replaced the master cylinder tonight, and I'm waiting on a friend to help me bleed the brakes out. I also need to replace the rear rubber brake hose, as it looks really old. I found receipts inside that indicate the front brakes were completely redone in 2000. So I've got that going for me!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Check here snakedriver!

AGAIN

Cheers

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Welcome cheers
Good luck with the project .
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks for resurrecting another Barth. Is this your project? If you are like the Barth junkies here, you will enjoy the restoration process as much as camping in your Barth

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Cool project, good bones. Be very careful with the windshields. They appear to be the early smaller ones. There is no known source of replacements. hmm

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post