The Barthmobile "For Sale" Forum
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Never heard of the 855, but the 955 and "triple nickel" (555) were real dogs.

The 855 Motors were replaced with the N-14 Motors. It's pretty much the same motor.

I have had a 6.5 turbo diesels in my 1993 service truck and the motor was a dog.

It was better then the 6.2 but nothing to get excited about. Would not even consider it as I don't believe it would be a good motor for the size that I'm looking for.

That truck pictured above pulled about 15,000 lbs and unless I was stepping on the throttle as the other light was turning yellow I had people honking behind me because they thought I fell asleep behind the wheel.

I have had other accounts with the same low power problems. I had it to 2 dealerships and was told that's all she's got. A really nice looking truck but what a drag starting out.

Ps. Don't call the number that you see on the truck as we have had an area code & number change since then

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission
33' Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis

http://www.TruckRoadService.com/

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited January 15, 2006).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Vanse:
Hey Bill, Why not the 6.5L GM ? I noticed cinconben's '94 that Rusty is going to see has that motor. He also told me that the transmission has been replaced...

One of my friends who do welding in this area got a 1994 6.5 and went thru 3 transmissions. My 93 had the same transmission and motor for 95,000 miles until I ran into a tree in the middle of the road and totaled it.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
It sounds like what you need is an entertainers bus conversion. Back bedroom with bunks on the sides down the hall.

This was my first thought when I got the Barth that I redid. I was going to strip the Barth of good items and do a MCI or GMC conversion bus.

I will more then likely get a widebody and redo some of the interior. The idea of this post was to get more info on some of the floor plans and suggestions on what worked and didn't work.

The one time my wife went in the Barth was ok and we did a two day outing. She liked it but made one comment that got me thinking. "I kind of like this but I can see you getting something bigger and better later on"

Translation: The race rig is good for you and the guy's but get me something with more to it.

I was thinking that those SOB's out there was what she was talking about and thought that maybe it was time to class up a bit. I like what I like and a Barth seems like the right coach for me.

I'm afraid that if I get something other it will be a step DOWN from a Barth. I don't need a bunkhouse just something with 3 or 4 beds.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
..."I don't need a bunkhouse just something with 3 or 4 beds."
This qualifies as a bunkhouse, Bill.

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
...This qualifies as a bunkhouse, Bill.

3 beds is a bunk house? If there were 1 large bed in the back, 1 tucked in overhead as a pull down and another in the living room as a couch that would be considered a bunkhouse? Does adding in another bed, lets say a dining room table that coverts to a bed, does that make it a bunk house too?

I thought a "bunkhouse" was something with beds stacked one on top of the other like a "bunk bed" I have rented a coach twice that had two rear bunk beds on both sides and had a table that converted into a full size and a full size over the driving area and it also had a jacknike sofa. That's what I thought was a bunkhouse.

As my full rv'ing experience is rebuilding a Barth and renting out 3 Rv's for the weekend I am the last person to know. Heck, I didn't know you couldn't use regular toilet paper until someone said something to me.

Now ask me about a truck repair, that I know.

------------------

1991 Barth Regal
460 EFI C6 Transmission

"Without Trucks,

America Stops"

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I see the issue as clear - Bill must be assigning less than three people to each bed....

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"Heck, I didn't know you couldn't use regular toilet paper until someone said something to me."

Our favorite is NEW YORK TIMES

------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I think this may be the new champion for "thread drift"...anyway, I've tested bot "standard" and "RV" toilet paper for degradability, and the RV prodcut bought at Wally World is far superio to the "standard" stuff.

And no, I will not disclose the details of this test...

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
Our favorite is NEW YORK TIMES

That's not a paper, it's a rag.