Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

hello
 Login now/Join our community

<newbebarth>
posted
Hello all. I just bought a 79 Barth 27 and have put a few miles on it. I like it a lot. I am having to pull all the windows and put in new sealant. I would like to shine up the out side but do not know what to use. Any suggestions?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the group. I don't think that you'll find a more dedicated group to a brand of motor home any where in the US. There nothing more fun than to travel down the highway and meet another Barth coming at you. I hope you'll find the answers to your questions here, I'm sure you will. Dennis

Posts: 207 | Location: Port Townsend ,Wash USA | Member Since: 11-21-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
I use something called Protectall, easy to apply and wipe off. Start with clean coach but it puts on a nice, light layer of shine and you can both see and feel the difference. Found it through Camping World and I thought it was made by the same people who make Armor All but apparently not. Couldn't find it at local auto supply stores or Wal-Mart. Good luck and congratulations!

------------------

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I ditto Protectall. You can order it from their website. You can also get coupons here.

http://www.protectall.com/rvs.htm

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You might want to try some white polishing compound before you use the protect all. It is pretty good at removing oxidation and dead paint.

Experiment.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post