Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hank has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
So many of you have met Hank over the years, so I hope you don't mind me posting the loss here.

Hank was almost 13 years old and was just a pup when we began our RV life. He was in the coach every time it started. I think he thought it was his and I was only the chauffeur. He had travel to 44 of the states and several Canadian Providences. He attended over a dozen Barth GTG, several Foretravel Rallies, Good Sams National Rallies, and FMCA Rallies.

One of my favorite memories will be his relationship with Tom Johns, with who we usually travel. Tom travels with 2 cats and no dogs but he always kept dog biscuits in his coach for Hank. He always gave Hank 3 but he would give him 1 and have 2 more in his pocket. Hank could COUNT. In the morning Hank could be found laying at Toms door steps waiting on Tom to come out.

He will be remembered always in our hearts.

Nick & Donna

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your lose Nick, it is Very hard to loose a pet particularly one with an almost human personality.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
We are so sorry. Hank was such a good boy, and I am pretty sure it's because of the way he was loved. You and Donna gave him a good home and a very good life. He was one lucky boy. He surely will be missed.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hank was a fine dog indeed. He was a great travel companion. Many good memories. We will miss him for sure.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Nick. It's hard to explain the connection we have with our dogs--I'm sitting here with Rocky the dog as I write this. These friends of our show us unconditional love. It's a pretty rare thing. Hank will be with you always.

Jim and Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
We were expecting to see Hank at the GTG. Sorry for your loss

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Nick so sorry to hear of the lost of Hank, a true friend to you Two, loved to watch him grow.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Nick we are so very sorry to hear of your loss. Some people call them animals, we call them family members. They have their way of making their way into our hearts and are there forever. Hank made his way into many hearts. He will be missed by all.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Nick and Donna, Sorry

I too, am sorry for your loss.

Be comforted by the thought that Hank has trotted down the road at that Great RV Camp in the Sky to sit and chat with Casey and Rusty about all the wonderful times you all had and all the great Barth Folks they had met.

You will never be able to replace Hank but, nono do not hesitate to fill the space he left.

God bless you all.
Dick.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
RIP Hank, he was truly a great dog, one of a kind.
So sorry for your loss.
I remember walking by your coach and reading the wooden plaque "Nick, Donna and Hank Cagle". Not knowing you then I thought Hank is your son. I guess he was in a way your 3rd son.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nick, I am so sorry for your loss. Loved the story about Hank and Tom Johns. I have had dogs all my 75 years of life so I feel your pain, and all the joyful memories.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Nick and Donna,

Sorry to hear that Hank has moved on and for your loss of a faithful companion and dear friend.

My favorite memories of Hank were from the 1st Minnesnowta GTG.

First, Hank never once left your side while you and Tom cooked up a delicious batch of Gumbo, showing his loyalty, perseverance and that he was one very smart little guy with very well defined priorities.

Second, Hank joining in all the fun and singing a great duet with Kenny even though neither one of them knew all the words.

He had a great life and loving family and all who knew him will miss him.

Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post