Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1986 P30 Springline black and gray tank valves
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello! I'm new EVe
Where is the valve for black tank Nd grey? I found one, but toilet not draining

Posts: 1 | Location: Marysville WA | Member Since: 07-14-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
That is a question for Steve VW, because he has an 86 Barth Regal stored in mothballs.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I am not familiar with the Springline rv, but:

My Regal has the tanks on the driver side. The sewer connection has a wye to join each tank to the outlet. Each leg of the wye has an adjacent valve to drain each tank. Easy to find.

It sounds like your valve may be hidden somewhere. If you find the tanks, follow downhill, you should find valve(s)
Some RVs, typically slide in campers and Class C coaches, have only one tank for black/grey and one valve. Some have separate tanks and valves.

If the tank has not been drained for a long time, the contents may have turned more solid and won't drain well. This is why we try to dump tanks after a drive, to slosh the contents around. Same reason when parked, rather than leave the drains open all the time, let the tanks fill and drain them all at once to help "move the mail". Otherwise you may end up with a paper pyramid piled up below the toilet pipe.

If that is the case you may have to snake the pipes out.

good luck, it's a dirty job but someone has to do it! Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
If the 2 tanks drain into a single outlet, drain the black water first, then the gray water will help rinse the hose.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
My 86 regal has 'em just as Steve described as well.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post