Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to barth
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Timan
posted
Hello, I am looking for a US vintage camper. I'm from Denmark in Europe where we have some strict rules for vintage campers they must be over 35 years old otherwise you pay a lot of money in tax. I have looked at many different campers but I'm a little scared of moisture damage in a camper so old built with wood skeleton. I fell across the Barth camper built with aluminum skeleton so moisture should not be able to destroy as much. It must be a Class C camper and not too big otherwise it also requires special driving licenses here in Denmark.
so I would like to hear the pros and cons of Barth campers.

Right now I have a VW T4 California from 1999 that I have renovated but it's too small and I've always been crazy about American cars and I do not want a European camper.
Razzer
Tims Camper

Posts: 27 | Location: Denmark | Member Since: 11-24-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome, I think if you look under campers for sale there is a class c or two in your age bracket. Good luck!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Check here too.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post

For sale by Jim and Tere Needs a little love, but new tires and ready to ROLL or float over in your case.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tim, if you go to this forum "Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics", you'll see a lot of brochures from Barths of various years. There are some pictures of the aluminum framing that was used throughout Barth's production. It's what makes a Barth. All aluminum. The only wood is the floor and the backing for the interior walls. Once one fully understands how well the 'house' was made, there's just nothing out there to compare it with. The class c that I have was probably, structurally, the best class c ever built. Nobody builds one that well even today.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is the approximate cost of transporting a Barth from -e.g.- Florida, USA, to Denmark?

Posts: 23 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 09-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Here is one guys experience...

http://www.theroadgoeseveron.c...ping-an-rv-to-europe

>>> https://www.autoshippers.co.uk/roro_car_shipping.htm

https://www.schumachercargo.com/dk/

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2584 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
If you are serious about transporting your vehicle from the USA to Europe or vice versa, I recommend this company highly, I used them myself for my car. They got RORO Service available, Roll on Roll off, like a common Ferry. It is not too expensive, it goes by length.
www.globaltransportamsterdam.com
Roger Bart
+31 (0) 20 613 0100
USA +001 904 410 2095
They go from Baltimore, Jacksonville etc to Amsterdam or Bremerhaven. Very nice guy (with a Name like Bart!)
info@gtadam.com

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your welcome, and thanks for your links I have contact with Jim and his nice camper it looks very promising

USMC Gunner:
I have an offer for shipping from Portland to Aarhus Harbor in Denmark at $ 6400 Also, there are transport costs from Tennessee to Portland but I do not know them yet.

Posts: 27 | Location: Denmark | Member Since: 11-24-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Tim..Why ship from our west coast, try the east coast, my bet is it less expensive.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
thanks Marvin+Doris and Duane88 i will try to get more offers. I also think it's a little expensive but it was the first place I asked to get a sense of the price of shipping to Denmark.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
From Tennessee go EAST, Jacksonville, Charleston, Baltimore etc. or maybe Houston. A car goes around $1200 to 1500 plus fee/tax. Have the MH driven to the port instead on a truck, try Auto Drive away Services if you cannot do it yourself.
go to Bremerhaven/Hamburg, instead Denmark.
I have to admit though, a motorhome cannot go on the side of the ship due to its height and Needs a space in the middle. So pay Attention to height. That might cost extra.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tim,
The link in your first post to your camper "My Camper" requires one to register on the Caravelle.dk forum. I tried to register but believe the english translation feature on my computer is not quite correct. Do you have another way of us being able to look at pictures of your camper without having to login to the forum?

Thanks,
Tere Bianchi

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Tim..Why ship from our west coast, try the east coast, my bet is it less expensive.

Tim is talking about Portland, Maine.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Tim,
The link in your first post to your camper "My Camper" requires one to register on the Caravelle.dk forum. I tried to register but believe the english translation feature on my computer is not quite correct. Do you have another way of us being able to look at pictures of your camper without having to login to the forum?

Thanks,
Tere Bianchi

of course I had forgotten that.
I have made a link to pictures of the renovation they are not in date order but shows very well what I have done.
Tims Camper