Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

throw on cover
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am looking in to getting a Classic Accesories 34-37ft 144inch high,Just realized i have to check width.I have seen their products on rvs and am impressed with the fact they have zippered sections,are made breathable,and make an extra tall model.Are any of you familiar with this product?Please reply sap.Wally-34ft Monarch van-isle

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Generally RV covers are unnecessary (RV's are built to be outside) and can result in your finish getting scuffed by flapping fabric on windy days. What are you hoping to accomplish with a cover?

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
Generally RV covers are unnecessary (RV's are built to be outside) and can result in your finish getting scuffed by flapping fabric on windy days. What are you hoping to accomplish with a cover?
Scottydl.Thank you for your imput.Ithink your remark will overule bird droppings and pine sap.Dont know how snug this can be made.Your point of flapping might make me cancell.Any other Barthers opinions out there?This monarch has always been stored inside. enjoying the same climate that hundreds of air planes enjoy in storage in the arizona desert.Wally-34ft monarch.van isle.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
Scottydl.thanks again for your input.I phoned some high end body shops,with your concern being confirmed.You saved me 600dollars,which is a good price,but the potential damage outweighs the good price in expensive touch ups.I will have to speed up my passport and winter down south.wally 34ft monarch van isle.Great to belong to this barth venue.wally

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Hey no problem, I can't take credit for the experience (never owned a cover) but I had read those warnings on many other RV forum discussions in the past. It makes sense. Although I'm sure the bird droppings and pine sap aren't any picnic to clean off either!

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good discussion... I do not have a cover but I used a giant (30 x 40) tarp last winter. There was indeed some scuffing of the paint (on the corners esp) due to wind flapping. Not serious but enough to try to avoid. If I use a cover this winter I'll put blankets under the corners and more bungee cords.

I guess the only good reason for the cover is if you have a leaky roof or windows, etc. My tarp did keep the leaves, pine sap and snow off the coach, though.

My roof is good so I think this winter I may just cover the AC units and the plastic shower cover.

Another advantage: If the weather is fairly good, I'll be more likely to take the coach out for a run, without the hassle to remove/replace the cover.

I may be able to scheme on a pole barn for the winter, better yet if the price is right!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My coach came with window covers. They are a see-through fabric that blocks most UV rays. Down here the sun is probably the worst enemy to interiors and tires. The window covers snap on and were custom made. The fabric is still in good shape after 9 years, so it's obviously high end stuff. My boat tarps never last more than 4 years.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Karen>
posted
9 years is really a big time and your covers seems still to be in very good condition. One of my friend purchased a cover from a unknown resource from internet and then he was just crying to me. That cover doesnt even work for a year. really in a very bad condition, then I suggested him this one, he spended almost three years till now, and its is better condition.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post