Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth model names
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a '73 Barth 22 footer, can anyone tell me what some of the model names used to be? My favorite part about it is the great big hump in the back! Why did they stop building them with the hump? Thanks for the help and the great website, Dave!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Rogue River, OR. USA | Member Since: 04-03-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi, thanks for visiting the site. As far as early Barths in the 70's, I don't think that there were names. The earliest names I have seen are the Regency, and Regal in the 80's. The the Breakaway seemed to come along in the 90's. I have just been introduced to the Monarch, which I understand only a few were made. Check out the Gallery under tab 6 for some great brochures that were supplied by Eric Herrle.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
I have a 72 22footer and it is a continental.It still has its badges on the side .What is your layout inside?

------------------

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 71, 27 footer and it is a Barth Continental.

Posts: 4 | Location: Plant City,FL,USA | Member Since: 07-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Robert Barth Sr. a couple years ago. As I recall the Barth family sold out their interest in the late 60's or early 70's however, Bob Barth Jr. continued to work at Barth, (in the paint shop) for many years.

If my memory hasn't failed me, (and if Lee Merriman reads this he will know for sure) Mr. Barth told me that he was first in the mobile home business. He bought the Continental like of mobile homes and made the very first 50 footer which was a big deal way back. Just two weeks ago, my wife and I saw a really old Continental mobile home in a rundown RV park in Necedah, Wisconsin.

Then Barth started making smaller travel trailers like the one below.

You can seen more images under "Documents and Brochures.

I was not aware that Barth made an RV under the name Continental and would very much like to have an image for the gallery.

Dave

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 22, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post