Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Data Tag Information - help wanted
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
Nick and Bill, NY --- please note that I found the ID plate on my Regency. I posted a change to my original pictures dtd 4-08 but I don't think the posting was noted (I'm not rated expert on the mechanics of the postings). Anyway, I hope the data tag helps the project.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
The number of new tags collected is slowing down. A number of new members (8) that have signed up in the last month have included Barth ownership and coach information in their profile, but have not included tag information. Please post your tag number to help with the project for the benefit of all our proud Barth owners. Knowing the history of the company can help us all. I'm stuck on 96 tags so far.

Thanks,
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Has anyone considered making data tag sharing mandatory to forum membership?

Nick is doing too much good hard work not to have the full support and cooperation of everyone.

This forum takes money, time and effort. It can prosper only with the input of members.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Strong:
--- please note that I found the ID plate on my Regency. I posted a change to my original pictures dtd 4-08 but I don't think the posting was noted (I'm not rated expert on the mechanics of the postings). Anyway, I hope the data tag helps the project.

Frank does your Regency have the more rounded or the sharper roof radius?

Could you post some pictures showing it?

I am trying to nail down whether all Regencies had the more rounded roof radius.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Although my '78 may soon be history, I hope you'll add it's tag to your list. It is, of course, the VIN also. S78042398MC24FP3. Except for the dinette it was a close twin to my first Barth in '78.
Herb

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill & Sonja:
Our 1988 Barth 33" SE Tag axle,454 P30/2? rear queen,cherry cabinets, has the following numbers.

Numbers from cover of the "Coach Book"- 8709/3474/33/C/A

I find it curious that my 30 ft tag has a t after the length number and several other tags do not.

quote:
I have not been able to find a build plate anywhere on the coach.

Has it been discovered yet?

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
I find it curious that my 30 ft tag has a t after the length number and several other tags do not.
Maybe, after a certain year, they just stopped putting in the "T"???

My 91 doesn't have a T in it, nor do I have a tag axle. I'm pretty sure it was just for Regals, but, it's just speculation at this point.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/09
Picture of Gorman Newman
posted Hide Post
Bill N.Y. I have been researching past forums where Barths were discussed and )while I have not found it on the actual Barth!) Nick Cagle mentioned in one of his posts and referred to the Barth I bought except when it was first purchased from Texas and low and behold he mentioned the data tag and here is the number 9505-S0002-23L-01. What's the chance of finding that posted on here. As of yet I have not found the actual tag but clearly he even had the vin# and that is mine. Somebody glued brown carpet all over the inside of this interior and I am discovering all kind of fun things......Thank you, Gorman Nick made the post on 1/13/08 in the Barth Sighting Forum

1995 Barth Mobile Office
P-30 454 23'
Data Tag 9505 S0002 23L 01

Posts: 61 | Location: Panama City Beach, Florida | Member Since: 08-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Confusing VIN numbers??? Confused

I went and looked at the 78 24ft coach that is for sale in South Carolina today. Now I have to back pedal a bit. Previously we have talked about some Barths actually being titled using the Barth Data Tag number instead of the chassis VIN number. Well now I understand how that happened.

The data tag used on the 78 coach had a line for VIN. On that line was the Barth Data Tag number.
I didn't remember to take a digital camera with me, so when I got home, I looked back at all the previous post on this thread to see it I could find an example of this. Guess what, I did!. Look there and scroll down to the picture of Charles32666 tag.

Now I can see where this could get confusing. I wouldn't think a vehicle could possibly have more than one VIN. But here is an example of one I have actually seen with my own eyes. Tag over the driver says the VIN is S78082521MC24FP2. Open the hood and a tag in plain sight says the VIN is CPS3783324635. Now we may kinow the difference, but how many people including those in charge of titles, license and insurance would have a clue.

When I started this project no one told me about these little problems. Smiler

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
Nick,
The Data Tag on my new Barth is 8901-0113-32RDG-B. Hope to get up to Lookout, CA this weekend and bring her home.
Thanks for your help,
Herb

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
Sorry it has taken me so long to forward this information:

Here is my DATA TAG information:

I was told it was a 1990 by the seller, so this must be the year it was delivered-in, and from reading the preceding posts, the YEAR in the DATA TAG information indicates the Chassis Year(???)

Anyway...

1990 Barth Regency
Spartan Chassis
Allison 4-speed Transmission

Tag #: 8905-0123-31RDS-A2
VIN: 1S9KT9S02KC185372

There is a date of 3/89 on the tag and a date of 5/1/89 on the tag ...maybe someone can help-me clarify if this is technically a 1989 -or- a 1990.

~Mac~

1990 31 Foot Regency
Spartan Chassis
Cummins 6CTA8.3
Alison MT643, 4-speed
8905-0123-31RDS-A2

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Just an update on the tags gathered so far. We have a total of 115 tags. 88 from the original series of numbers and 27 Regencies and Monarchs. We have added several tags from both the beginning and the end of Barth's history. We now have a couple of Sovereigns and a 1997 Regal. We have added a couple of 1970's and a 1968.

I can now say for certainty that the final positions in the earlier coaches were floor plan. If your coach ended in FP1, FP2, or FP3. That was the floor plan. This was determined by looking at old sales brochures and comparing the floor plans available and the coaches where we had the information available.

We have 7 tags for coaches built by Barth RSV.

I hope everyone has taken the opportunity to visit the data base Bill N.Y. (thanks for all the work Bill) has placed on the Map the Barths page.

We hope to eventually have a picture of the coach and tag for every coach. If you can help, please let Bill or myself know where yours can be found or supply a new one.

Please take every opportunity to add to this list. If you see a Barth please try to get the information for us.

Thanks as always,
Nick

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Medic37:
...and from reading the preceding posts, the YEAR in the DATA TAG information indicates the Chassis Year(???)

Tag #: 8905-0123-31RDS-A2
The year in your Data Tag indicates it was made in May of 1989. Several other coaches, close to your Barth Tag Number, indicate they were sold as 1990 models. The digits in the vin can tell us so much more about your chassis. Unfortunately, I've run into a problem decoding yours...
quote:
Originally posted by Medic37:
VIN: 1S9KT9S02KC185372
Robin, according to what I can find, your vin# places your coach as a 1S9 = Saleen Could you recheck your vin#. Even when I change the first 3 digits, the vin decoder I use will still not find the info from your chassis.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We've had several new members sign up and I thought now would be a good time to Bump This Up a little.

We are trying to collect the data tag numbers of the Barth vehicle still around today.

We have units from 1967 to 98 Model year coaches. So far, we have managed to catalog 129 Barths. We believe the total production run to be less than 4500 units.

This project was started a little over a year and a half ago and because of Nick Cagle's hard work, we've been able to catalog them a little better.

Why not stop by the forum and add your info to our project? If your coach is there, and it doesn't have a photo attached (located under model) to it, let me know and I'll update the links. If anyone would like to have something tweaked, let me know.

Map The Barths/Data Tag Project

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
If we can gather all the info possible, I will build an Excel spread sheet to see if we can make any assumptions from the numbers. We really need everything you can tell us about the coach that would make it different.
1. Data Tag Date
2. Data Tag number
3. Year model (many coach are one year newer than tag no.
4. Model ie. Regency, Breakaway, Regal, etc
5. Chassis mfg.
6. Engine mfg
7. Length
8. Tag Axle
9. Floor Plan, ie wide body, front or side door
We've had a lot of discussions recently on coach 8810 3569 34RGO B2 and I think I see a possible misconception on our part.

Our assumption was that back in 1988 they used the tag numbers on the Regency to denote certain things. Here is a Regency tag number from the same time frame. 8810 0103 36RDG B

We ass-u-me that the RDG stood for Regency-Diesel-Gillig.

Might it have stood for Rear-Diesel-Gillig instead? It seems to make more sense since the RGO seems to stand for Rear-Gas-Oshkosh. On the other hand... Regal-Gas-Oshkosh would still fit.

What's your thoughts Nick? Confused

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis