Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Data Tag Information - help wanted
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Danny, notice the picture from Bill. The trolley has a Barth emblem on the front. Can't tell if the one in Florida does or not.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
VARIETY OF TAGS COLLECTED

We have often said Barth would build anything!

Look at the variety of tags collected already
  • Travel Trailer
  • Class C
  • Government Dental Trailer
  • Bookmobile
  • Police Command Unit
  • Mobile Office
  • Mobile Medical Lab
  • Motorhome on International Harvester
  • Motorhome on Chevy Chassis
  • Motorhome on John Deere with Dodge power
  • Motorhome on Hendrickson chassis
  • Euro
  • Regal
  • Regal SE
  • Iveco Barth
  • Regal Pusher
  • Regals on Chevy Chassis
  • Regals on Oshkosh/John Deere Chassis
  • Breakaway with Cummins
  • Breakaway with 6.5
  • Breakaway on a Gillig Chassis
  • Regency on MCC Chassis with Detroit Diesel
  • Regency on Gillig Chassis with Caterpillar
  • Regency on Gillig Chassis with Cummins
  • Regency on Spartan Chassis with Cummins
  • Monarch on Spartan Chassis with Cummins

And we have less than 100 tags out of a possible 4000!!!!!!!!!
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have another "Data Tag Number" for you Nick. This is from rp's barth
quote:
I found my coach vin it as follows S78092539MC27FP3 Can you decode? Thanks Richard
From the members profile page they have the following

Year:: 1979
Model:: not sure would like to know how to tell
Length:: 27
Engine:: 454 chevy
Chassis:: p-30
Data Tag Number:: will have to get this info.

Richard,

From what we know of the data tags the following is known

The model designation is just Barth. You have what is know as a "Pre Model" designation Barth. Had this coach been made a few years later, it would have been know as a Regal.

Year:: 1979
Model:: Barth
Length:: 27
Engine:: 454 chevy
Chassis:: P-32
Data Tag Number:: S7809 2539 MC27 FP3

S ?we don't know? it could mean a "spec"ulation coach that was made without a request or it could be a "Special" order.
09/78 Production
2539 Production number of Barth's made including trailers
MC27 27' Motor Coach
FP3 Floor Plan 3

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
I could not find a "tag" anywhere on the coach but I have attached pics of the Barth manual and one of the build diagrams. Interesting to note that the barcode tag calls it a 34ft but the build tag seems to say 33ft. Also, I didn't see the XI code in any of the other inputs.

My best guess at the build code is as follows:

940_ 3917 33XI 3C

As you can see the plastic label on the book is barely legible.

I just found my ID tag under the driver's side curtain. For others who may be looking (like me), mine was up near the track, so you had to really move the curtain a lot to see it.

Hope this helps the project.

Frank

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
300 HP Cummins, 6 spd Allison
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank, to keep from thread drift for a moment,it always seams that the bumpers add exactly 1 foot, and perhaps legalities make it necessary to claim it one way or the other. Now to the drift. We are in the early stages of putting together this Decembers GTG at Hillsborough State Park near Tampa. If you're still down here around that time we'd be glad to have you.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Frank, you have posted the first data number that completely blows all of our assumptions up to this point. Well, not quite all of them. Your first picture definitely shows unit number 3917. The second picture says 94 Barth Regency. No Regency up until yours has had a unit number over 0167 which was built in 03/93. Since your coach was built after that it looks like some time between 03/93 and when your coach was built, Barth stopped giving the Regency their own number sequence.

3917 does fit the overall time frame correctly. 3888 was built in 10/93 and 3934 was built in 09/94. Can you read the first four digits of the label on the manual.

Thanks for the input.
Nick

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
it always seams that the bumpers add exactly 1 foot.

Barths are different.

My 30t measures out at exactly 30ft, 3 inches overall. That is with a straightedge, until I can find my Plumb Robert.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
Can you read the first four digits of the label on the manual.

Nick, the 390_ was the best I could make out. That fourth number is illegible.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
Spartan MM Chassis

Posts: 125 | Location: Walthall, MS/Ocoee, FL (Orlando area) | Member Since: 03-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Frank Strong
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you're still down here around that time we'd be glad to have you.

My plans for the Dec time frame are unknown at this time but I will try to work it in if at all possible. I am also trying to make the Chattanooga gathering if I can resolve a conflict.

Frank Strong
1994 Regency 34ft
Spartan MM Chassis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
I now have tags on two older coaches and am looking for input on the decoding. The format is a little different than the yymo-9999-99aa we have been looking at on later coaches. The numbers are 711899MC and 708869MH. There are no dashes or spaces in the numbers. I have actually seen and have pictures of the tag on 711899MC. It is a 1971 24 foot on a IH chassis. It has completed January, 1971 on the tag. I am interpreting this as built January , 1971, sequence number 899. This coach is titled as a 1971. The other coach was seen to me by email from the son of the owner who purchased it new. The number 708869MH and a completion date of September, 1970. I suppose August is close enough to September to wonder if the coach was started in August and completed in September. That would make the number built August, 1970, sequence 869. Also note the earlier tag is MH, maybe MotorHome and the other "MC" fits all the later coaches. Also this coach is titled as a 1968 which I assume has got to be a vin tied to the manufacture of the chassis. According to the son the coach has always been in the family and has 12,000 miles on it.

Any input on these interpretations?
Nick

Add this one to the mix. The ID comes from the title (as I couldn't find the physical data tag in the coach)

699777MH

This is titled as a 1970 model and that makes sense if the 699 portion of the tag represents a September 1969 build/completion date as appears to be the case based on the information in this thread.

A tape measure shows just short of 23' from end to end on the body (not the bumpers). This coach rides on a Chevrolet tagged chassis.

Does anyone have an idea of where the data tag might be hidden on a 70 model Barth?

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Triple Nickel, I have actually looked at a 1971 Barth and the tag was mounted outside the coach on the drivers side by the front wheel well.

Don't know if you can read it but the tag is 711899MC. If your coach is number 777, I believe it is a fit.
Hope this helps.
Nick

posted Hide Post
Thanks Nick.

I'm afraid that tag may be gone, but I wasn't looking outside the coach for it. I'll have to look there later.

Posts: 3 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's another tag for the project.

This one comes from a 1979 "Mobile Command Post" from the Warrensville Heights (Ohio) Police Department.

S79062640MC21S14

This unit is currently involved in a government auction that ends on Tuesday, August 5. I'll post a link to the listing and the photos in the "For Sale" section.

[edit]That post has been moved to Barth Sightings Bill N.Y.[end edit]

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
We have another tag for our project.

1992 Breakaway - 5.9L - 4 Spd. Allison - Front Entry

Now Located in the recently sold forum

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Need 5 more tags to have a 100. So far I have 71 from the original sequence, 22 Regencies, and 2 Monarchs. When I have a 100 I'll update the post with the details.
Nick