Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Data Tag Information - help wanted
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Nick,
You already have my data tag info but thought it maybe of some use to have a pic of the tag as well.
28' with Oshkosh/ Deere chassis , Ford 460... Rear Bath.

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Nick, I have added more floor plan and equipment details to my 10/18 post in this thread.

Hope it helps.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick. I have another Tag for you

9210 0163 38RG2B

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill NY and Nick,

Sorry I didn't get my data tag number to you before this. I never had it written down at home and every time I thought to send it to you the coach was parked at my storage lot.

Well here it is: 9202-0159-36RG-13. I have added it to my profile as well.

If you want any specific info on my coach, just ask.

It is in the shop right now in need of some suspension work. We are in touch with Gillig, but we have not yet narrowed down the specific details on the chassis in order to get the specific parts information. It appears the there where numerous variations on their chassis. They requested the maker of the suspension and whether or not had a "stacked" or "straight" frame. I'll make a separate post on this in "Tech Talk" when I have the details.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Nick, My Regency tag is 8910-0135-32RDG-B1, center isle, sofa, sink, stove, pantry and closet on drivers side. The pullout table, refrig, bath and shower is on the passenger side. So the B1 must be center isle with sink, etc being on the drivers, and the B2 would be the sink etc, on the passenger side.
Notice too, that between 10/89 and 10/92, there were just 28 Regencys built during a 3 year time period.

P.S. - Wow then with the above, 2/92 to 10/92, just four Regencys were built in 8 months! Getting interesting. This shows how the sales had slowed.

Below is a pic of my floorplan.

Stagecoach, my coach has a 3208T cat which is 250 HP turbocharged and yours is a 3208TA, which is turbocharged and aftercooler. Started learning on some of this. If you need any drawings on anything, I have about everything on the coach.

sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Hey Sky,

Thanks for the offer. I also have a lot of stuff on my Stagecoach including the original drawings and notebooks of info on the chassis, engine, etc. I'm still wondering about what the engine is. I've seen info referring to it as a Cat 3208TA and also as a 3208T. I didn't know the signifcance of the "TA" until now.

By the way, how were you able to post a drawing of your coach? I'd love to do that since mine is a side aisle. It doesn't seem there were many of these out there.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Sky. When your coach was advertized for sale by californiacool it was described as a "25th Anniversary Special Edition".
Do you know what made it a special edition?

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A turbocharger compresses the air, which heats it up; an aftercooler (a/k/a, "charge air cooler") lowers the temperature of the air (generally by around 150°F to 250°F), allows more power and efficiency, and a lower EGT.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Don, I really don't know what that is. On the build sheet, it has "Exterior Paint Details Silver Anniversary Edition." Other than that I Do not know.
Towerguy, here is a pic of it, same color as your. sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Don, I really don't know what that is. On the build sheet, it has "Exterior Paint Details Silver Anniversary Edition."

1990 would be the silver anniversary of 1965. I thought the were in business a little before that and didn't start building Motohomes until after that. I wonder what they were celebrating?
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Regency floor plans might be a little trickier than I thought but that doesn't come as a surprise anymore. We have a total of ten Regencies but of those 4 were built in about 8 months. We have tag 0159, 0160, 0163, and 0164. Now just when I think they are starting to make sense along comes 0159 with the last two digits 13 and all the others are one number and one letter. Why are they doing that to me. I hope it is really 1B and the tag is just hard to read.

Don in Niagara, the proud owner of 0140 reports C3 with curb side kitchen, center aisle, queen bed, side door, standard 96" width.

Hawk-57, the proud owner of 0164 reports 3C with center aisle, queen bed, front door, wide body 102" width.

I had thought that Barth had simply reversed the alpha-numeric designations but a front door and a side door certainly can't be the same floor plan. Also one coach is 6 inches wider than the other.

Towerguy, the proud owner of 0120 only has the one character "B" at the end of his tag. It is a side aisle, side door, queen bed, wide body.

My own coach, number 0160 last characters 2C, is drivers side kitchen, center aisle, twin beds, side door, wide body.

Now I'm starting to wonder if you have to combine the floor plan with the length. Does 2C mean something different for a 32 or 34 or 36 or 38 foot coach?

Maybe we just need all 3000 tags and the building specification for each and a mainframe computer that can sort through all the permutations.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: data tags.
Seems my tag is quite different than most. Could there be more than one ? Still looking. Here's what I've got.
Mfd by Barth, Inc. 0019MCC35A
Date of Manufacture 6/16/81
Inc. Veh. Mfd. by Motorcoach Corp.
Date of manufacture 5/81
GVWR 20,000

GAWR Fnt 7,500 W/9R 22.5X tires, 22.5 rims, at 95 PSI cold single

Rear 12,500 W/9R22.5X tires, 22.5 rims, at 95 PSI cold duals
VIN S-1-05-RS-00023
From documents found in the vehicle I think I have a 1981 Regency, MCC w/ 8.2L Detroit Diesel "Fuel Pincher", 36' pusher. It has 4 wheel disc, air over hyd. brakes, Meassured lenght is 36' but ID tag makes me suspect 35'. Will search for more data today and post any results. Any info on this coach would be appreciated. Thanks,

Found another tag in the pass. side engine compartment. Has chassis #S105RS00023

Kraig H. /Idaho Gold Miner
Detroit Lakes, MN/ Pierce, ID
Kraig11235@yahoo.com

Posts: 3 | Location: Minnesota/Idaho | Member Since: 11-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jausenclaus
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you have our data tag yet. This is the number from the 1992 Barth Mobile Office/Command Center. 9108-3753-22S32

Suze

Posts: 9 | Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas | Member Since: 11-28-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
While looking for something else, I ran across this post:

The 1987 Regency was a city bus chassis built by
Regency in the SF Bay area for about 5 years. For info
or parts, contact Motor Coach Restoration, Lincoln IL.
Les Hoagland has purchased lots of tooling, and has
parts for the chassis. They specialize in FMC coaches,
but lots of them were on the Regency chassis also.

From Lee Merriman,

If it is a MCC it has an individual suspension system for each wheel. A
Gillig does not have. Some Regency's were made on the Gillig and MCC, which
was the former FMC before Barth bought the Chassis. The only person who has
parts for the FMC is in Lincoln, IL. Also some Regency's were built on
Spartan Chassis. If I can be of any further help let me know. Lee ...end of post.

Does this shed any light on the 84 MCC Regency that had "Regency Prod Inc" on the data tag? It seems to point towards Barth buying another coach or possibly a chassis that the Regency was based on and might explain the difference in numbers for the Regency's. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by towerguy:
Does this shed any light on the 84 MCC Regency that had "Regency Prod Inc" on the data tag? It seems to point towards Barth buying another coach or possibly a chassis that the Regency was based on and might explain the difference in numbers for the Regency's.
You would want to read this post for a better answer to that question.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post