Forums    General Discussions    Nearly Ready to Buy a Barth...Help Me!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Nearly Ready to Buy a Barth...Help Me!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Very sage advice!

And yes, scope prices have retreated into almost "bargain" status - I wanted a C11 for years. The price in 1980 was about $3K on a decent, but raw-boned mount. I paid $2K for my computer-controlled NexStar 11 (successor to the C11) used. The N11 has been discontinued for a somewhat cheaper version, so its value has risen about 50% in the past year. Add the little gifts I've showered the N11 with, and my eyepiece collection (mostly Televue and Pentax), and it tops $5K. I don't know how long ago you de-emphasized the hobby, but a friend of mine has almost finished his 42" reflector...sold his 36".

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope you don't all mind my interupting your stargazing chatter. For Rusty, I am waiting on you to look at CONCINBEN's Barth before I get back to him so will you please give me an update. I told him I didn't want to take it away from somene on the site who was planning on keeping it for a while since I would only use it for the summer and resell it. After "Treking" through all the chatter I've come to the conclusion that I may have made a mistake. I think you should just buy the Trek and leave the Barth for me.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A GM engine in a Barth sure seems foreign enough to me. Seems like a lapse in good judgment on the part of Barth - but maybe I don't know enough about it. Did anyone see the new MCC listing on eBay?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
2+2=?

https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000047.html

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited January 20, 2006).]

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

I may have what you are looking for. Please see my other post in this forum.

I have a 30’ Breakaway with a Cummins 5.9L Diesel and the large generator that you want (7kW). I do not know about the efficiency of the generator, but the tank is 44.5 gal.

Please e-mail if you are still looking. I have pictures to e-mail.

Posts: 8 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 12-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Since I posted to you last night, I want to make sure you see this.

Please let me correct the amount of miles on the coach. This coach has 62,350 miles on it, not the 41,000 that I originally posted. I actually discovered this when I was looking up the tire information. There is a new speedometer / odometer in the coach that shows 15,460 miles. I misunderstood that number of original miles that my father in law told me it had. However I did find the original speedometer / odometer and the certification paperwork. There are 46,890 miles on the original. Hence, there are 62,350 miles total.

Once again, I am truly sorry about the mileage. Please feel free to e-mail with any other questions.

Posts: 8 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 12-17-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
YES, I know I don't own a Barth at present, but my 2-CENTS worth of info is BARTH, built a great coach, and everywhere Sharon and I went in ours folks commented on the QUALITY. Our very first trip to Tn. we had settled in and took a walk around the campgrounds, and stopped and said hello to a fellow shining his Prevost. In our talk he asked where we were parked and I pointed over to our Barth, and told him of our recent purchase and that it was our first RV. He said, WELL YOU SURE PICKED A GREAT COACH. I found as others have found that those that know about Barth are folks like him that are owners of HIGH END COACHES. Like Bill G. said in a post recently, crawl under a Gillig coach and you will agree it is NO TOY.

My brother has a 600k plus coach and is VERY outspoken, but he has told many of his friends what a QUALITY coach we owned. He would e-mail me everytime he saw a Barth and often told them that we owned one too. He still thinks we were WRONG in selling ours, but we just don't have the time away from our business to enjoy it.

THINK twise, make that three times before you buy another used coach for anywhere near the same money. I am not an expert, but I do know QUALITY when I see it.

Dale
Indy

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
rlobello, thanks for bring yours to my attention - I just bought one this week: https://www.barthmobile.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000972.html

As far as mileage goes, I'd prefer a diesel have higher mileage (not less than 5K/year, and 10K would be better). Diesels don't do as well sitting idle as when they're running. So the 15K miles extra is a plus, IMHO.

I know of only two other 30' Breakaways for sale - one of which didn't live up to its billing, and the other (on which I also called before buying this one) one's owner was difficult to communicate with, and her price kept changing. ($39K, then $36K, then $33K, then back to $39K)...:P

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

[This message has been edited by Rusty (edited February 04, 2006).]