Forums    General Discussions    Barth 25th Anniversary Hat and Barth Rangers Patch
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth 25th Anniversary Hat and Barth Rangers Patch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted
My grandmother found these when cleaning some stuff up at her house. I've heard of the Barth Rangers, but I haven't seen another hat like this. Does anyone else have a hat, or a patch, like this? I plan to place the hat front and center on the dash of my Regal, not sure what I'll do with the patch yet. Maybe I'll turn it into a magnet or something.

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I was looking in my Barth file and found some newsletters from the previous owner dated around 1986. Apparently, the Barth Rangers was the Barth owners club. THey had all sorts of functions and get togethers. They were somehow part of the FMCA or a subsidiary. They appeared quite active from the contents of the newsletters....

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Rangers are now pretty much inactive.

The website (http://www.barthrangers.org/) is defunct.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
The Rangers are now pretty much inactive.

The website (http://www.barthrangers.org/) is defunct.
They are trying to make a comeback. I've offered them bandwidth and help in setting up a web presence on our site, but they have declined our help.

The Rangers were a big part of Barth and was the premier Barth Group to join. With Barth going out of biz, and Dave starting Barthmobile a few years later, Barthmobile became the 500lb gorilla in the room.

It wasn't that Dave was starting a competing venture, it was more along the lines of the Rangers not embracing technology fast enough. Dave started this because Barth had no web presence - he had no idea that the Rangers were even out there. He was just looking for like minded members and he was trying to foster a meeting area online of Barth owners.

For a little bit, Barthmobile and the Rangers got along well but there seemed to be an underlying issue between the groups. Not that Barthmobile had anything to do with it, it was just that the hierarchy at the Rangers kind of felt threatened by the popularity of this site.

Things came to a boil and the 2 groups stopped sending each other Christmas/Hanukkah cards. This was shortly after the 2 groups had a joint GTG in, "I think", 2003.

We'll keep making overtures with the Rangers and hope that our two groups can come to an understanding. If you want more info on the Rangers I invite anyone who is still a member to post their contact info on our site so that others can give em a try. As always, I look forward to ANY overtures from them and hope that we can start exchanging cards again.

Me? I wasn't a part of the dispute and I have no problems with anyone from the Rangers. I would welcome them back here at anytime and would help them out if I could. When Dave left, it was his stated desire to turn the site over to someone who wouldn't be in a position to give the Rangers a reason to not come back here.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I was never a part of the Rangers, but I inherited a bunch of their newsletters that came in my 97 Monarch. I sent them along to the eventual new owner, Tonka.

What I gathered is the Rangers were/are more a typical "Club" with officers, meetings, a Grand Pubah, Sub Pubahs, and of course, dues for membership. Barthmobile has no dues and only reluctant Pubahs based on popularity. You can see where the early days of Barthmobile would have been like Linux in the computer world, it scared the beejesus out of them! Interesting what group survived, yet predictable too.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Smiler Wish we could just get along Smiler As always we both have a lot to offer and combined would be better for both of us.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Mary Ray for President of the USA! cheers

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Anne and I have been members for ever since we have had the Barth. We have been to one of the rallies and really enjoyed it. Everyone there was extremely nice and accommodating in the Florida ralley.
As I understand,Dave hosted a rally in his town and the President thought he had charged too much for the rally. When we went, the rally was at an outdoor resort with water and electric, with a trip to NASA and an outdoor activity. The breakfast and dinners were catered or restaurants were included. I think the price was about $250 for 4 days for 2 people, which I did not think was that bad.

The Barth Rangers are also a club division of FMCA.
I,for, wish we could band together and work this problem out among both clubs.
Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow Barthmobile members.
I'm the (relatively) new president (or is it 'Grand Poobah'?)of the Barth Rangers and one of my first communications with my membership was a set of objectives which included a "let's bury the hatchet with Barthmobile" line item. Neither Bill NY or I were involved with the dispute and it's time to move on. I expressed my intentions to pursue this and get back on Bathmobile in the last Barth Rangers newsletter, and received no objections and several supportive responses. But, before I got around to it, I received a very nice phone call from Bill NY this week inviting 'us' back. We had an extended, very pleasant conversation...so I had to get that round TUIT quickly, which brings us nearly up to date.

I've read many, but surely not all, the Rangers-related items on the site. A few comments after viewing some of them...
The Barth Rangers are definitely still "in business". We issue two newsletters and normally have two rallies a year. As opposed to Barthmobile, we really are a social organization with a touch of technical content, rather than the other way around. We were owners' club sponsored and supported by Barth and later an FMCA International Chapter with the common thread of Barth ownership. We love having new members, join up but please note that because we are an FMCA chapter, you must be a member of FMCA in order to join. Also, because of our by-laws, you must own a Barth in order to join. If later on you sell your Barth (theoretical question, because who would ever want to?) you are welcome to stay.

We have had a number of Barthmobile members who attended our rallies and have been members ever since. Others have (apparently) been less than thrilled and never heard from again. Two of my other objectives are to increase the membership and to find out why folks attend and never come back. I know we can't appeal to everybody, but we can do better than we have been.

I have read that our rallies are too expensive for many owners, but I spend more for the first two hour's worth travel for diesel fuel than I do for most rally fees...last few have been $25.00 or less.

If you are interested in joining the Barth Rangers or want more information, please email me at hankwadley@hotmail.com and include the word "Barth" somewhere in the subject to keep my spam filters from catching you!

Hank Wadley

Please note: I don't 'live' on the internet and normally only sign on around twice a week, so please don't be upset if you don't get an immediate response.

My thanks to Bill NY for his kind invitation and his help!

Hank and Debbie

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Hank,

Thanks for the post and glad whatever hatchets there were are now beyond reach of a top-line metal detector.

Unless I miss my guess our leader (Bill_NY) is already working on some kind of a link or other portal where we can collectively solve the problems of Barthdom and have fun doing it. If you haven't seen it already there is a great collection of Barthfolk here.

In the meantime Thanks for the kind words,

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Bill NY and Hank, I appreciate the dialogue and time that was put into this. I hope things go forward and we both expand resources thru the partnership from this day forward. Ray and Anne

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Seems at this point there should be no more reference to differences or disputes or hatchets. We are all Barth peeps & we can learn a lot from each other. Period!!

Hank,
I appreciate you getting in touch with Bill & look forward to further posts.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
HOOO RAYYYYYYY.......Betty & Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
This is great news. It doesn't make any sense to not have a link between Barth Rangers and Barthmobile. It isn't like there are lots of places for a Barth lover to find like minded folks.

I first learned about Barth Rangers from the previous owners of my Barth.

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Sure hope Dave is still lurking.....No one will be more pleased than him! Thumbs Up

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post