Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rotating photos to send to Photobucket
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
Quinn, Can you or any other PC person here tell me why I can save the pictures in Paint Program on my desk top correctly? When it comes to my Laptop with Windows 10 will not flip the pictures correctly?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Kevin, are you taking pictures on your iPhone and transferring them to the PC?

That seems to be a common problem, I take pictures on my Nexus 6P they will transfer to my PC (windows 10)correctly, if I take pictures on my iPhone 6 and transfer to the same PC, they are rotated. I think there is an app that will correct that issue but have not followed up on it.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ed, Yes you are correct. I have an iPhone 6. Rotation is a problem if you put something on a desk and look straight down to take the picture. Paint Program in Windows 10 saves the pictures the way I see them on my desk top most of the time. The laptop on the other hand is not cooperating yet.
For mechanical folks like me computers do not cooperate like simple "Lefty Lucy," and "Righty Tighty," mechanical nuts and bolts.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
IIRC, there was a patch for Win 10 Paint. I'm on Win 7, so don't keep up with 10.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I don't think I understand the problem. You can rotate the images in Paint if they need it, right? I have a Windows 10 laptop. That's what I do.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I rotate my images without even opening them up.

Right click on the Icon and then choose "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise".

After learning that trick I never had an issue with uploads.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quinn, Thanks for your help. I rotated the images three times. They sill came up wrong on my laptop using Paint Program. Paint was working on my desktop. We still had a few turned wrong pictures with the slide show that Bill NY helped me create on the Water Tank slide show posting.

There a several downloads on a Google Search. All of them claim to fix the problem. I hate to chance a free download loaded with malware or some other spyware. Can you recommend a clean down load to use either free or for purchase?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I rotate my images without even opening them up.

Right click on the Icon and then choose "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise".

After learning that trick I never had an issue with uploads.

My problem is I see the image correctly or fix it and it still comes across to Photobucket turned WRONG.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm on Win 7,

Rusty, Do not upgrade until you have the need. Windows 7 is a good operating system. Off subject, but just wanted to let you and anyone else know.

I am on Windows 10 with a new machine. There is a lot of BLOATWARE that comes attached to Windows 10. You cannot delete the automatic programs. I think windows 10 is a SPY, because it is using 50% of the processor when I am doing nothing with anything. Not even moving my touching my mouse.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
No intention to degrade to Win10. In fact, my fave laptop came with Win8.1 preinstalled, and I used a shelf copy of Win7Pro/64 to replace it (I had originally planned that for my #1 desktop, but the laptop has considerably more power).

The free CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and AdAware can help get rid of bloatware. For about $30, System Mechanic will also let you get into the innards.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks RUSTY, Computer The tek geek Computer and the Oil Guru. Thumbs Up cheers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, if you save the pictures on your laptop in Paint, then send them to Photobucket, it should work.

I have found that once in a while if I open an iPhone pic in Paint on my Windows 10 laptop and it looks OK, so I DON'T SAVE IT, then send it to Photobucket they can be incorrectly rotated. That was a head scratcher.

I think this is happening:

iPhone encodes orientation data with the image, paying no real attention to the actual image data (raw format). Sometimes the raw data happens to match the orientation data, sometimes it doesn't. That is the confusing part.

The Paint app can interpret that encoded orientation data, so displays the photo from the iPhone as expected when you open it. All looks good, so you move on to the next photo WITHOUT saving.

Photobucket cannot interpret the encoded orientation data, so it displays the photo in the raw format, which MIGHT (the might is what makes it confusing) result in an incorrect orientation in Photobucket (the raw data doesn't match the encoded data).

HOWEVER, when Paint saves a file, it seems to rewrite the raw data so that it matches the orientation data.

In short, even if an image looks good in Paint, you need to save it in Paint before sending to Photobucket.

Now, if you've rotated on your laptop and saved the image in Paint, then emailed that image to Photobucket, and it still has an incorrect orientation, I'm stumped. Everything above is a myth I've fabricated! Is there any chance that you are emailing an image to Photobucket that you thought you rotated, but the rotated ones are saved somewhere else? You can tell by the date/time modified on the image file.

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post