Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I have a 1993 Barth possibly for sale
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Reaper
posted
I need some advice on the possible value of this Motorhome.
http://omaha.craigslist.org/rvs/3392269216.html
I inherited this from my brother, I had some mechanical work done on it to make it road worthy and was looking forward to restoring it but' I have gotten into a jam. if some of you with better knowledge could take a look at the ad and let me know what you think. thank you in advance

Posts: 8 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Member Since: 11-07-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Reaper
posted Hide Post
I could use any information anyone could help me with I believe it's the Regency model

Posts: 8 | Location: Omaha, Nebraska | Member Since: 11-07-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
It is definitely NOT a Barth Regency. The Regency was a rear engine diesel pusher. they were also on air suspension chassis and equipped with air brakes. Very doubtful that the 5.9 Cummins is rated any where near 250 or 300 HP. About the most any 5.9 would have been rated was 230HP. Most were in the 190HP range.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Reaper
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nick, very helpful. Does have airbag suspension but def not a pusher. I do know its an Oskosh frame for sure and engine is 5.9 & Tranny is Allison because I had maintenance done for trip. Any idea from pic and those details, what this model is called?.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's what you called it - a mobile medical unit.

What's needed are pix of the interior, as it's unclear whether it's been transformed into something else.

The C5.9 is somewhat unusual for these coaches; one other option was the Ford 7.5L/C6 tranny.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Barths are in an investment in the future and fun ahead. Barth coach owners take pride their coaches and invest in the future of fun and Barth owners all know the money that goes into the coach is paid in the return of fun out of it.

No, it is not an INVESTMENT at all -- totally an expenditure.
No, it is not "your average Motorhome". It is NOT a Motorhome. As Kevin states, converting it into one would be very costly and challenging.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Reaper
posted Hide Post
It would be quite a project that's a fact. Kinda stuck where im at vause it's definitely not a uhaul.. Hoped to make it to Oregon but too much weight in it. Tires cant take it. I have the skill to do it but then im looking at renting uhaul, transferring contents then fuel for both to Oregon. $5000 minimum to continue on. Already put about $3500 into brakes, and other maintenance for trip. Hate to give up on it but would like to see someone end up with it that would appreciate it. My Brother was a Master carpenter and just about everything else so I wanted to finish his plan. Runs and drives great, I will entertain all offers even if they want to part it out to those who need them.

Picture of Reaper
posted Hide Post
I agree Rusty, seemed to me the 5.9 is a bit small but the 400 foot pounds of tourque does a decent job even with the weight I have in it and pulling car hauler with boat and trailer on it. Was getting about 6 mpg which should jump to 10 when unloaded. Not converted, does have bathroom with full size shower, kitchen.cabinets with sink and electric water heater..bathroom is all I would keep but I would ad a lot of tile. Most everything I do ends up Tuscany cause the wife likes it.