Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Stealing Fuel
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Heard on Paul Harvey today of a man caught stealing fuel from an RV. When police arrived they found one sick thief. Seems somehow he stuck this siphon hose into the BLACK tank and got a mouth full. I don't know how he found the tank but guess he went thru a water hose flush tube cap of some sorts. Not a pleasant taste for sure. Dale

[This message has been edited by DALE SMITH (edited December 01, 2003).]

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale,
I don't think you should take anything you hear on Paul Harvey, or for that matter, most any other AM Radio Host, as if he or she was on the same level as Edward R. Murrow. They're for the large part just entertainment, and this story makes for a good "Urban Legend". Before I retired, I often saw people leave the lunch room if Paul harvey was tuned into on a radio rather than have to listen to him. I'll even bet that the RV Industry has some federal regulations that make something like this nigh on impossible to do. Can you imagine the repurcussions if a six year old tried this?
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Even if it is an urban legend, like most urban legends it deserves being repeated a few times.

When I was 17 I heard the story of the new Corvette that could be bought for $200 because the guy died in it in the Nevada desert and they couldn't get the smell out.

Well when I was stationed in Murnau Germany in 1968 I had a friend from Africa who was attending college there and he told me the same story but it was a Mercedes in the Sahara.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a coach in TN. that had a gas tank size tube and cap on the exterior high above the black tank for flushing purposes. As far as Paul Harvey goes I don't believe all I hear, and for that matter all I read. I would bet though that more than a few stayed in the lunch room to listen too. America is a wonderful place for sure. Oh so many options. Too I have even been insulted by experts. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Folks in Tenn. know how to use a hillbillie credit card better, than to get in the wrong tank with the hose. Cheers,Jay

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dale, I have heard that story off and on for years, and never believed it. Now, after reading your post, I believe it.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post