Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

can't finish
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
I took the mh up to northtrail for the speedometer they said two days .can't get on the road if I don't have it called them now they said few days.We will never make first trip with it if I don't have it to finish.Might go to Largo FL. for first trip now. I have to check out water heater how does it fill? When I turned the faucet water came out right away did it have water in it?
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
If water comes out of the hot water faucet, then either the hot water tank is full already or it might be bypassed if your system was recently winterized. It's important to know the difference, as you don't want to turn on the heater if the tank is empty. There should be an exterior drain hole for the tank probably behind a grate somewhere, so you can unscrew that plug and see if the water empties out.

When the tank is empty and not bypassed, it will fill automatically when hot water is requested. You would just get sputtering water from the hot tap for several minutes as the air clears itself from the lines. Once the water flows freely, the tank is full and can be heated.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Lenny and Judy
Sorry you're having trouble getting on that 'first trip'. I think most of us have experienced the same sort of thing. Sometimes repairs aren't as straightforward as the repair shop might have thought originally. But be patient!! Once you're on the move, you'll have a blast. Smiler
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
If you have a centre hall set up your hw tank may be below the floor on the left side of your big wardrobe closet opposite your bathroom. You can lift the carpeted floor in this closet to get at the water heater. You will see a bypass valve right beside the hw tank. If the handle is across the line it is shut off, if it is in line with the water line it is on and water will go to the wh tank.
On the outside of the coach opposite the tank is the heater outlet. It is just in front of the rear wheels on ours. Open that louvered door and the hw tank drain plug is there and as Scotty says, if you crack it open water will come out if she's full.
Good luck. Ain't Barthin fun?
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What bothered me was the man at service said was I having some body work done.Did not like that question....
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
And to repeat that they are all different, my 93 Regency hot water heater is mounted on the street side and is under the bathroom and kitchen cabinets. To get to it I have to take out the drawers under the range top or go under the sink in the bathroom.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nick you have a pm from me

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B