Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

electric car
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
Just read in an article, not sure if it is valid, lets say you live in Minnesnowta and charge your Tesla the local coal fired power plant will burn about 1 pound of coal every 13 miles!!!

I wonder that seems pretty good. A gas fired car 30 miles per gallon burns about .3 pounds per mile or about 1 pound every 3.3 miles. Gas has more BTU's per pound also...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2049 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Back in the 70s Minnesota was about 90% nukular powered. Don't know what it is now.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok change that to West Virgina, I see a lot of coal going by Clinton headed north on the Mississippi river, so I assumed Minnsnowta,,Sorry!! Guess that coal is going to Wis con sin!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2049 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post