Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

fastest nmotormhome
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted
I think we need to build our own BARTHMOBILE to challenge this.

http://blog.rvshare.com/gmc-tr...est-motorhome-world/

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be that hard, my 33 will do about 90 mph now. confusion

If we start with a shorter coach, lower the suspension, strip it light, put in the 454 HO engine with a blower and a Gear Vendor overdrive to keep rpm within limits we could do 120 I think. confusion

Not saying I would drive it without the right tires and an ejection seat!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5170 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
The record is only 145MPH, seems doable. I wonder if it still has to be usable as a mobile home?
If it is striped of all the interior and plumbing its not a mobile home anymore, just a big van. A short one lowered and with a Euro front nose would do it.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
With my "small 5.9L" Cummins, 230 HP, I can easily do 85 MPH. I start to "de-fuel" over 2400 RPM changing the fuel rail in the "P" pump I could go to 3000 RPM which would result in 105 MPH or more, Tires rated at 75 MPH, NOT a good idea.

I see enough speed at the events I work. Some do it very carefully and well planned and others go at it with the idea to kill themselves!

Bonneville has been rained out for the last 2 years so it may be awhile before we see these
attempts.

Looking at the HUGE cloud of dust collecting behind his motorhome on the videos, he needs much more attention to aero than HP! There is at least 10-15 MPH in that CLOUD OF DUST following him!

Guinness records, don't get me started on that!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post