Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Received this in an email.
quote:
Hi Bill,
visited the Barth today, could find nothing on the tongue which is unpainted, but did find this on a plaque by the door.
Looks to have the same sequence of digits.
As you can see, both vents have leaked and the heavy quilted ceiling has sagged in several places... hooray for aluminum ribs!

Kirk

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
That is the same floor plan as my 1968 Barth Executive.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Just found this one too.
quote:
Bill, Did you get pics and #s?
I'm guessing, from a lengthy discussion about one of your contributer's 24 footer is that my trailer was made March of 69, 554th 22' unit made..... StinkDaddy's seems panelled in white plastic laminate or something similar but mine is a quilted naugahide-like material stuck to mahogany panelling.
Are there any Barth MHs with similar interior? This stuff looks original.

Thanks,

Kirk

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sweet! It looks like MR's floorplan. The cabinet hardware, the sink and the stove look original.

The cabinets over the beds drop out pretty easy and that will make it simple to replace the ceiling all the way across.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
quilted naugahide-like material stuck to mahogany panelling.

And that is why the Nauga's are now extinct...shame, shame, shame. Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least these naugas are still "hangin' in".
Sellers (good friends) are clearing out the trailer, at which point I'll get more pics. Don't know if it's roadworthy yet as it's been sitting for about 4 years. Tires are all still inflated, but it'll have to go up and down some steep hills to get it home, although only about 20 miles.
I should probably check bearings but would rather do that on flat ground in my own back yard. I won't be able to use trailer brakes because the round plug is munched but I hauled an aerolite 22 several thousand miles behind my trusty T100 with no problems.

Stove is very rusty on top, tub is missing, and there is staining around the vent area in the head, but that doesn't worry me (naive?) because roof ribs and wall studs are aluminum, right? Maybe nasty insulation but no wood to rot, right???
It looks to me like a very worthwhile rescue project, and I will try not to be too much of a PITA when I start asking questions of you all.

Kirk

Posts: 1 | Location: S.E. Ohio | Member Since: 12-17-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
"It looks to me like a very worthwhile rescue project, and I will try not to be too much of a PITA when I start asking questions of you all."

An admirable and worthwhile project indeed. My hat's off to you. and I understand about the hills in your stomping grounds. I went to Marietta many times for motorcycle rallies BECAUSE OF those hilly, curvy roads.
As for becoming a P.I.T.A., never happen. One of the guys in my MichiganMINI forum has a signature line: The only thing worse than an unasked question is an unquestioned answer.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Kirk, my 1975 Barth motorhome has this same color and pattern quilted naugahyde on my dinette but nowhere else.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
If you have a leak around the vent in the bath, there's a post by Terre just after the D.C. GTG that details how to seal your roof. I used that info when resealing my older trailer.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post