Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking at a 1970 Barth m/h
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Well, I'm new here. Looks like a nice little site you've got!

I might be able to score a nice little rig for $1,000!
Body's nice, 350/T-400, 4BBL, cracked r/h windshield and
mostly gutted interior.

Truck is said to run well.
Good wheels and tires.
Bad engine water pump and I've been told the brakes
are very hard.
Been sitting about 10 years

Anyhow, I'm a long time Chevy truck fan (drive a '68 C-10) and, after looking around,
I figure I'll fit right in.

Posts: 1 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 12-24-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Score the Barth, it might be worth 1k in scrap aluminum. you have lots of stuff there.

Try to score us a Data Tag. Data Tag is sound behind the driver curtain on the wall. Post the data tag here and we can tell you more about the Barth you are buying.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site!

Nice looking exterior. As Kevin suggests, it is probably worth that much for scrap alone if things don't work out.

One warning: It appears that the coach has the older pre-1973 small windshields. You mention one is cracked. To our knowledge these are totally unavailable. We have contacted Guardian with the numbers are are told they are long out of production. Worse yet, they could not give us any OEM applications to locate salvage vehicles.

Keep in touch, good luck with your project.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
One warning: It appears that the coach has the older pre-1973 small windshields. You mention one is cracked. To our knowledge these are totally unavailable. We have contacted Guardian with the numbers are are told they are long out of production. Worse yet, they could not give us any OEM applications to locate salvage vehicles.

Keep in touch, good luck with your project.

Here is an option to consider. We have it all covered here on Barthmobile.com Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post