Reply To This Topic

New Flexsteel captain chairs and recliner
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
First sunny day in a while. Thumbs Up

The old Flexsteel seats were OEM and pretty well used. We considered getting them recovered but the padding was pretty flat. The recliner is in better shape but weighs a ton and takes up much space.

First, out with the old. A couple cables and 4 bolts and away they go.

Looks a lot bigger now.

The old ones were pretty worn, esp the passenger side. Look how much bigger the passenger seat is! Must have been a large person! confusion

The new ones are both the size of the old driver's seat. They arrived yesterday. Recliner is due Monday. The new seats are the same as the ones in the Regal. Those seats were almost new when we got that coach and they have been butt tested for 40,000 miles.

I'll continue more pictures when I finish later.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nice looking coach Steve, are you still on track to head for Florida in 10 days or so??

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Well, if I get the seats in, the VW tow bar done, lights hooked up, etc we will leave around Feb 1 I hope. Hope to get a clear day without sloppy roads. Got a good thaw going this weekend, I hope it lingers a while

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The recliner arrived so we dragged it into the coach. Much easier with the pass seat out. Assembled the recliner. It is a wall hugger design and smaller than the old one. Takes up much less space.

I bolted the driver and passenger seats in. They are very comfortable. The pass seat is normal size, much smaller than the old one and easier to walk around. They are the same as the ones in our Regal which we always liked.

Wallpaper, new window valences, new upholstery for sofa and dinette are still on the list.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
They sure look good Steve, really a good looking interior already, will be fantastic when you get the way you want it.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those seats look cozy. Nice!

Posts: 4 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, USA | Member Since: 01-23-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I was told he larger passenger seat is called a "buddy seat". It is for a regular size person & their dog.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I can buy that, some like to ride with cats, too.
OTOH, look at the seat cushion... poor thing is smashed flat on the right side, and tipped forward
(Must have been a really big dog!) ROTFLMAO

Still trapped in the freezer, snowing today and 11 degrees. head bang We are ready to go but the roads are trashed and I would prefer something at least near 20's. Hoping to get out by Fri latest. It will still be teens but I hope for clear roads.

Not to say things are getting desperate around here but my friend across the lake sent me this yesterday... confusion

"All work and no play..." nono

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Not too bad down here Steve. Only upper 70s today but then into the 80s for a few days. Looking forward to seeing you again!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post