Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

18 footer
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of ted turner
posted
Hey Barth Fans-

I am going tonight to look closer at an 1974, 18'. Powered by a 454 BBC, and TH400.

Any ideas of towing capacity, and how good / bad would you suppose gas mileage may be ( on average )

Obviously, there is no price for cool or wow factor!

Thanks for your input!

Posts: 7 | Location: Brookfield, WI | Member Since: 05-16-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ted turner
posted Hide Post
as it appears, the fella selling this little gem, is a 20A, not an 18'. Took it for a spin, and now I will be moving forward with purchase asasp!

Posts: 7 | Location: Brookfield, WI | Member Since: 05-16-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Ted , Gas mileage will be about 8 to 10 mpg . Towing capacity should be listed on the data tag. The data tag in my barth is located on the side of cabinet behind the drivers seat. Hope this helps. Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ted turner
posted Hide Post
I took a pic of the tag. It lists GVWR as 12,500. Front GAWR at 5000, Rear GAWR 7500.

The fella that is current title holder has a huge binder of additional info too. That may contain what I need to know. Looking to get this deal done in the next day or two at most.