Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Casper the friendly "Ghost Messages"
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello Fellow Barthmobilers,

At least three times in the last year, this message appears after I post a comment "Thank you for contributing to this forum. Unfortunately your post will not be displayed until it is approved by community administrators because one or more trigger words were used in your post. If and when they approve your post, it will appear in the forum". Have any other members experienced this? Any guesses what the "trigger words" would be? I've read through the TOS and FAQ several times and I don't see any specific terms that I seem to be violating. Could it be my old desktop computer or operating system? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

John

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Pa. | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
John I have not seen anything that trips my sensor trigger by I used to teach a bar room Class called “Nasty 101” so maybe I’m not the best to weigh in on this one. It takes a lot to shock or offend me. Keep posting it’s been far to quiet on the site.

Just think if the Facebook crew would join or post. How much more interesting it would be. If we ever get the photo process easy here it would be great.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
John presents a good question. These is in fact at least one list of trigger words in the site software. I seriously doubt anything John posted matched that list.

I do not see the rejected messages, they would go to Bill NY. If the problem persists we can see what he is getting back from the site. In today's world of digital traffic there may be imbedded content, etc, that may trigger the firewalls.

Site members, please do not let the site mechanics discourage posting. If you attach photos and they do not display properly, don't worry. We will edit and fix them.

John, thanks for your posts and your comments. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
I don't believe that I have seen that message either . hmm

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
Maybe the offensive trigger words are "Fleetwood" or Winnebago"!

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ian and Lynnette:
Maybe the offensive trigger words are "Fleetwood" or Winnebago"!

hmm we might be on to something here! (maybe 5th wheel?) ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Ian, Lynnette, & Steve,

As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are." But seriously, I might agree on the "fifth wheel", & "the Winnebago" as being trigger words on a Barth site. Have you ever watched AZ EXPERT on utube replacing all the shoddy roofs on the newer Winnebagos? I have to go a little easier on the Fleetwood however because my best RV friend & wife have a Excursion diesel pusher, and a more helpful couple you'll never find. Losing their good will would be one hundred times worse than losing a few posted comments. By the way, they love the Barths.

Thank you Dana & Harold for your support. Hopefully it's just a one time SNAF* (whoops that might trigger a blockage) ROTFLMAO

Good Luck,

John

Posts: 55 | Location: Central Pa. | Member Since: 03-24-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The posts in question were flagged by the server software for some unknown reason. I contacted Bill NY and he reviewed the content and was not able to find an explanation. If this happens again, please let us know as there could be some glitch in the server software the server operators should be aware of.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

posted Hide Post
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for rolling up your sleeves(wait a minute, do they roll up sleeves in FL?) and investigating the problem I encountered while posting. I really appreciate it and other members may benefit from your efforts too.

Enjoy your Florida months and we wish you and all members a Happy Holiday and a blessed, healthy New Year.

John

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/20
Picture of Paul And Jaime
posted Hide Post
Just have to say I love AZ expert on the Utube. Makes me glad I am not an RV technician. Well I guess most of us are Barth technicians but that's out of love not money.

Posts: 155 | Location: Ky | Member Since: 10-20-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post