Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thanks for the site
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Just a special thanks for all those making a site like this available to Barth owners. Just purchased an older 1987 Barth 34T Regal SE and am looking forward to hitting the road in it already. It has a 454 that runs like a dream and although I feel I paid more than it list for the construction alone helped make my mind up. Owning a bowling center I don't feel I will be able to make many trips but will definitely send in my $24.00 without hesitating. I did receive all the original paper work from the date it was purchased so if anyone is in need of any schematics feel free to e-mail. I am a moderator at another site for bowling center mechanics as I knew nothing about these machines before my wife and I purchased this place so I know what knowledge a person can gain with sites that have experience like this one.
Looking forward to experience what a new rver goes through.
This coming Sunday I am bringing it to the bowling center and going to go ahead and put on a new fuel pump,filters,flush and change radiator and transmission fluids, water pump,thermostat,altenator and change oil. Putting all new tires on it next week and although none of this was in demand I feel starting out fresh with only my expenses involved is better than paying someone down the road. I'll be going through all the wiring next week. If anyone can think of some other things to check or change please let me know.

thanks
Dave

Posts: 5 | Location: Champaign, IL. USA | Member Since: 09-25-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
This is great! -- I just purchased a 88 34' Barth also .... It has nothing to tell me about the unit. If you have data concerning the unit, I would be more than willing to pay for a copy of the manuals. Any help in this area would be greatly appriciated. I'm sure they are similar. What part of the country r u located ? I'm in the KC area (if you've havn't figured that out yet)

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave,

Welcome to Barthmobile.com and congratulations on your "new" Barth. By the way don't consider yours old. If you hang around here very long you will find a 1987 is almost new. I suspect a 34 ft has a tag axe? Send us a picture.

You own a bowling center? When I got out of the Army in 1970, I had a solid 205 Average. I went to work for the Brunswick Company as an assitant manager at Hollywood Legion Lanes in Hollywood, CA. Before it was a bowling center it was the famous Hollywood Legion Stadium, the place where they had the Dempsey and other famous boxing matches in the 30's and 40's. My office was the old press box. I quit after witnessing my second fatal shooting and they would pay to fix the bullet hole in my new Pinto.

Sorry for the off the wall story.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited September 25, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Hey, congrats on your new RV.

I also have an 87, but it is a commercial unit, reconverted to a RV.

I have little hope that there is a schematic anywhere to be had for it.

Wish you luck with your RV!

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<ann and peggy>
posted
Don't forget to change the belts and hoses too !!!! And while you're at it, take a good look at your spark plug wires. The 454's heat just has a tendency to wear them out. Welcome to our world.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This message is a copy of a message from Slopemaster.

Hi,and good luck with your new barth,but remember the old saying if it an't broke don't fix it.You can do some simple check's before you replace,just because you replace it does'nt mean its better.Watch out for rebuilt or remanufactured parts there's a big differents,If you still want to replace then use OEM parts.(Oringinal Equipment Manufacturer)Oh one more thing if your equiped with a engine supplied hot water system check hoses and connections,look really good at points where hoses rub.Good Travels

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings Barthmobilers!

Just wanted to express my thanks to Dave Bowers for starting this wonderful site and all the useful information enclosed within. From my readings on this site, Barth people are my kind of folk!

And thanks Dave for your valuable input on the questions I recently sent to you about a Barth purchase I'm considering. I'm hoping to own my first Barth in the very near future.

My wife and and I have owned two Lazy Daze Class C's, and are hooked on RV ownership. From what I can see, the Barth's are the perfect choice for our entry into a Class A unit. In terms of quality and workmanship, Lazy Daze and Barth appear to have a lot in common.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to "tapping" into the HUGE amount of knowledge that can be found here at Barthmobile.com!!!

Dave Bargelt
Bend, Oregon

[This message has been edited by Barth Vader (edited October 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Barth Vader (edited October 17, 2002).]

Posts: 1 | Location: Bend | Member Since: 10-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post