Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Login now/Join our community

Picture of five-oh
posted
Hi. New member here in Arkansas. Been interested in Barths for some time, and now the wife and I are thinking it's time for our own coach. Still work for a living and retirement is still a bit down the road, since I'm just 45, but we'd like something to take one big trip a year and a few trips to the mountains and lakes in the Ozarks, as well as the occasional swap meet for my main hobby, which revolves around 70+ year old chevy pickups.
The Barth seems to be just what I need- solid, and mostly built on Chevy chassis, which makes it a bit less intimidating to me. Hoping to be able to post that we are owners soon!

Posts: 58 | Location: Hattieville, Arkansas | Member Since: 11-01-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, nice to see folks your age looking to join Barthmobile.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Welcome . We do most of our camping in Arkansas . In fact , we'll be on Lake Greeson at Kirby Landing COE next week . Smiler

We bought our coach near Yellville . He had another that is his brothers that may be for sale . I believe it is a Regal with a 454 .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a year age I purchased a Barth, California license BARTH93, that was for sale on your site that was stored in Chula Vista, Ca.

Unable to find a fuel cap That fits. Does anyone know which fuel cap fits on a Barth diesel pusher.

Been lurking here for over a year!

Posts: 39 | Location: Chula Vista, Ca. | Member Since: 11-28-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
measure inlet pipe and go to a truck parts house. If it as a gillig chassis call their parts house with the vin number and they will know what cap fits

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BARTH93 is a 33 foot Possibly a Breakaway
Spartan Chassis
5.9 turbo 230HP Cummins MD-3060 6 speed

Data Tag Number:: 9206-3803-33BS-1B

The photo was on barthmobile.com

Walt

BARTH93

Posts: 39 | Location: Chula Vista, Ca. | Member Since: 11-28-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
hmm HMM, is that Barth ranger number 2279? I also did not see that data tag number in the data tag list. Looks to be well cared for. You will enjoy your BaRTH.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is my first motor home, diesel and automatic transmission. The first thing that needed attention was the tires the right front outside edge was almost bald over an inch wide. Replaced the tires and checked the brakes. Had the steering box overhauled because the top seal leaked. The last set of coach batteries did not last six months. Putting enough solar on the roof to maintain the coach batteries.

Rear springs are sagged about 2.5 to 3 inches.
The 7KW Kwaytt genset attempts to start but quits when starter is released probably the regulator board. The woman I bought this from said the generator worked.

Have enjoyed Barth so far!!
Walt R.

posted Hide Post
No idea what Barth Ranger is.

posted Hide Post
Click on the emoji to find out more about Barth Rangers. Computer
They were the group of Barth Owners that were before Barthmobile.com. They are like dinosaurs now (extinct).
If you can verify the rangers number to me more clearly or let me know if the guess is correct I might be able to tell you who owned your coach as a Barth Ranger.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2277 is one number. There is also, "family motor coach assoc" number: 224758

Thanks
WaltR

posted Hide Post
Sorry Walt, the highest ranger number I have on my list is 2125.

posted Hide Post
Thanks anyway! No idea what that number is.

posted Hide Post
Contacted Spartan Chassis about acquiring another fuel cap.
Was informed by that Barth provided the fuel cap and they do not have a part number for the fuel cap.

Checked with Napa no joy.

Walt R.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Walt try a farm store. I believe a standard diesel cap on some tractors or a truck shop Standard semi tank cap.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post