Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

looking for my 2nd Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello all!

I owned a Barth about one hundred years ago (OK maybe 30) and I traveled across country 3 times in 3 years. I think it was 27' with a Chevy gas engine. LOVED it.

Now, recently single except for my 10lb long haired dachshund, I am hoping to retire full time into another Barth. I currently live in Maine.

I have just joined your group and Im delighted for the resource and support. I have looked around but have not found a way to research the various models etc. I am thinking of a bit bigger unit with a diesel pusher.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jim

Posts: 1 | Location: Maine | Member Since: 11-20-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site!

Having just purchased my 2nd Barth I understand the chances of a lifelong addiction are high. ROTFLMAO

Keep an eye on the site, coaches come and go all the time. The good ones usually sell quickly, so it pays to keep in touch.

Good luck with your search for a Barth. I'd sell you one but I'm still in the collecting stage. Big Grin

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim H
Hello all!

I owned a Barth about one hundred years ago (OK maybe 30) and I traveled across country 3 times in 3 years. I think it was 27' with a Chevy gas engine. LOVED it.

Now, recently single except for my 10lb long haired dachshund, I am hoping to retire full time into another Barth. I currently live in Maine.

I have just joined your group and Im delighted for the resource and support. I have looked around but have not found a way to research the various models etc. I am thinking of a bit bigger unit with a diesel pusher.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jim

Good luck. I'm in sort of the same boat. What I'm finding is that those Barths of yesteryear are now 30 years older than they were when I had them. (in my case 20 years older). And they aren't in nearly the shape they were in when I bought my first Barth. So, my search is for a late model Barth or one that somebody else has done all the work on. Otherwise, you'll end up spending all your time fixing it and none of your time enjoying it. One final note: Do a Car Fax on whatever you look at. I've seen 30 year old Barths with 20000+ miles on them and two or three owners when in reality, it's 120000 or 220000 miles with more owners than you can imagine.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post