Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Need info on 28 foot Barth diesel pusher
 Login now/Join our community

<JCooper>
posted
I am looking for a short diesel pusher to pull my race car or my bass boat. I seem to remember seeing a Barth 28 foot diesel pusher for sale but I don't have the details about the year or what engine it would have had. Did Barth make a 28 foot diesel pusher? If so, what engine did it have?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
The only Diesel around 28 foot was a diesel puller. One is the Iveco based unit, however, it just had a 110hp engine so that wouldn't work for you. I have seen a number of 30 ft diesel Breakaways, with the 5.9L 190hp Cummins on a Spartan chassis. In fact, I thing two are for sale on this website now. I also think there was a 28ft. Oshkosh chassis diesel, however, that also had the engine in the front and was a 6.5 GMC engine.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 1993, Barth cataloged a 28' Breakaway Pusher with a Cummins 6BTA engine for around a $128K. They also cataloged a 28' LE Pusher with a GM 6.5 engine for around $88K. About 10 months ago, Lazy Days had a '94/5 28LE (which they were calling a Breakaway) on their lot for around $55K; the Blue Book value was in the low to mid 40's. I don't know if it has been sold; however, I still have some photos of the it. Ping me off-line if you are interested.

Posts: 23 | Location: clinton, MI, lenawee | Member Since: 01-02-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Kajtek1>
posted
My opinion is, that for long distance pulling you need about 300HP. I have that on my 34' Regency, and is not bad for pulling 5000 lb boat/trailer http://groups.msn.com/Rok2001/powelllakeglenncanyon.msn...howPhoto&PhotoID=387 but making those 12 miles grades on CA - NV route was annoying with speed of 30 MPH (that's 1/2 HR for one grade) and some overheating (about 100 outside)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Don't buy one of those small diesels without a tow test. Your bass boat would probably be OK, but be sure about the race car before you buy.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill H, I bet that 32ft 300hp Regency down in Kansas would do the trick. It's a 1993, did they have computer engines in 1993? or were they all mechanical.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post