Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to RVing and to my Barth RV.. 101 help
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Some other places to look for the coach number are under the cup holder. The bottom of drawers in the galley. The number is written in magic marker an lots of the components in your Barth. I am not exactly sure but, the number should be between 3022 and 3204.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Some other places to look for the coach number are under the cup holder. The bottom of drawers in the galley. The number is written in magic marker an lots of the components in your Barth. I am not exactly sure but, the number should be between 3022 and 3204.
thank you Mr Kevin just had it about 10 Days now and been cleaning her up and looking nice next job is to fill the propane tank up and try to see if I can get the roof top air and everything to work any suggestions on an order ? I thank You for the name tag I will look in the AM

Posts: 1 | Location: Pickwick,Tn. | Member Since: 10-29-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken,Joy Stigall:
fill the propane tank up... suggestions on an order ?

Suggestion: Click Just put a few pounds or gallons in your propane tank. Smiler Get some soap bubbles and check for leaks. hmm If there is a leak you won't be out a won't be out a whole tank. Thumbs Up Fix all the leaks then get completely filled. Tooling Along

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim's Barth
posted Hide Post
I am supposed to pick up from mechanic today(if done)... mine was last in line so had to wait. New passenger side exhaust manifold replaced with a sate inspection.

Since posted this message I have thourly and still going thru all posts again and downloading all pics, web sites and pdf files on everything that I can see and remember on my Barth.

Now I have a few weeks to get it ready for the road and at same time do a pert time job for someone for 20 hours to help pay for these expenses.. lol

I want to first thank all of you that have submitted everything on this forum.. You have saved me weeks and weeks of research. I will travel with my tools so while in the winter sun of the desert I can start working on things one by one and will keep a journal of everything.

There is also many You tube channels out there to answer many of the basics when to hook up and so forth. So I will need to buy a water hose, sewer hose, sewer hose cradle?, 50 amp surge protector?,, choke blocks, level pads and I guess a few other things?

Dont have any idea if anything works so will go over all electrical, plumbing and HVAC/propane in next week to know what everything does and every switch/button on the interior. I hope I dont blow anything up...

I will post the Identification tag stuff once I get it back home and post up.

Talk to you soon

Cheers

Posts: 13 | Location: Casa Grande AZ | Member Since: 10-12-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your project! Thumbs Up

As you have found, there is a LOT of good stuff on this site. Keep searching. Keep us posted on your progress.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jim. Ask away, that way I won't be the newbe asking all the dumb questions anymore. LOL.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Jim..Please do not listen to Benebob!!!! You will end up cleaning your engine and replacing the valve cover gaskets! A thankless job!!! He will be laughing at your effort and drinking Craft beer!!! Hi I have missed you Benebob!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
" ...sewer hose cradle?, choke blocks, level pads and I guess a few other things?"

In my opinion, these items should not be purchased (or made-
good wood is expensive) until you have the need. If you're going to be parked in the same place for more than a week, perhaps; otherwise, no.

Posts: 23 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 09-12-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim's Barth
posted Hide Post
well they have broken two bolts off in the head since in my opinion not soak them in penetrating oil and use torch/heat to remove them. so they are inserting a couple heli=coils in them and then install new manifold. I am not happy with them at all and will be having an argument Im sure over price. If I known this was to happen at first I would have done the job myself!!

Now its just time to get the rig out of there... bring it home, hook up electricity to it and water and see where I am at that. Im sure there might be mice in there too so will be be on mouse attack plugging up holes and putting the roommates cat in there for a day or two.

Good news I just sold my 81 el camino that has 4 bad tires so I wont be towing it to Arizona and get a put around there once i settle in.

Talk ya later

Posts: 13 | Location: Casa Grande AZ | Member Since: 10-12-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim's Barth:
If this helps in anyway here is Vin.

VIN... 1GBKP37W6E33422659

The Vehicle Identification Number has two many digits, as I have learned from other conversation here. Please also check the VIN again and post it here. On the bottom of a drawer in the galley, or the cup holder will be written in magic marker four numbers. Please let us know what they are. Another search near the driver area for your data information might just return results. Knowing the correct numbers, VIN and data tag will enable members to give better advice back to you.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Jim, those manifold bolts are a bear for sure, when I removed mine I broke off 4 of the little buggers. I had soaked them in penetrating oil, but did not use a torch on them. Took the coach to a hot rod shop and they welded nuts on the broken bolts and were able to remove them all. Not cheap but worth it no helicoils!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim's Barth:
will be having an argument I am sure over price. If I known this was to happen at first I would have done the job myself!!
Yep hindsight is always 20/20. Since your Barth being about 33 years old, I would expect them to break off every bolt. Consider yourself lucky, only two were broken. The shop was upfront and told you or you would have never known.
Do a search on Steve VW and see how many bolts were rusted in on his 98 Barth. His rig is only 19 years old, but the chassis was a 95. We could say 22 years old. Again you were lucky in my opinion. Salute

Picture of Jim's Barth
posted Hide Post
Well long story short... Mechanic did not fix problem since he said I would have to replace the y and tail pipe muffler and every bolt would break off and since I am on a strict budget on it the work was not done . But I got my state inspection and it now has plates on it.

strange day today with weather up to 62 degrees and about to go outside a patch it myself and will update later and also look for ID Tag somewhere other behind curtain (not there)

cya soon

Picture of Jim's Barth
posted Hide Post
Still cant find identification sticker anywhere... looked in all drawers and overhead cabinets.. where else could it be?

I have other questions to also throw out on some of the gauges on dash board, to propane tank, water control station built in wall to all sorts of stuff. Planning to leave in 8 days and drive 1500 miles and don't have a clue how half the stuff works...lol

posted Hide Post
I understand,... because,...
I could not see the forest because of the trees.
Sometimes you can't see the ocean because of the seas.
Sometimes you can see the wind because it is only a breeze.
For all of you who do not know the number of your Barth, I am posting a picture of mine. Forget the plate behind the curtain for a minute. Pull out any galley drawer. Look on the bottom, back or side. Here are some examples.

This number will be written all over your Barth.