Tools
Reply To This Topic

ups hoax - please read
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
I was told about this a few years ago. As you know, I tend to remember certain things or phrases and this email seemed familiar.

Yes, this was sent to me. No, I did not open it. As curious as I am to see if my virus protection is working properly I will try to restrain myself. Computer

I noticed that the file was in a zip format - A Big Red Flag! I decided to check by typing in UPS Virus and was directed to the Snopes Page.

~ Snopes Page about the UPS Virus ~

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Almost NO corporation, bank, or other agency will EVER send you a file that you have to download to do business with the (unless it's something you are expecting and have been told about in advance). Same goes with embedded links for the most part, especially if they take you to a page where you must type in a username/password. Always visit the page yourself (www.ups.com for instance) rather than going through hotlinks that can take you to bogus pages set up to collect private information.

And Snopes.com is a fabulous resource for explaining and debunking almost every internet/email scam or urban legend that exists.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post