Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Security safe
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have an orginal brochure for the 1991 Regency coach, and it states that as standard equipment they came with a floor mounted safe. I have not found one. Does anyone have info on such? Too I am going to remove the rear roof ladder, and I wonder if anyone has done such? If you have, did you find that underneath the ladder mounting pads just the rivet holes or are there larger holes. The reason for removing the ladder is to clean up the look. We are working with an artist on a FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT design for the rear panel. I am going to carry one of the new telescopic ladders in the basement. I have designed a roof mount that will allow the use of such a ladder where as the ladder will not touch the coach. I know some of you are going to have a cow when you hear of such a change in the paint scheme, but it can always be painted over. Too there are plenty of orginals out there carring the orginal paint, so one less won't be the end of the world. Good ole Dave has given us a great idea on how to add some color to the sides, and not really mess with the present scheme, but the back needs alittle help. I will post the drawings in a couple weeks for comments. Maybe I shouldn't...... Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Au contrar, (I made up the spelling) Sir Dale of Indianapolis.

Which 1956 Chevy does thee prefer. But hark they are both 1956 Chevy's

Preceed post haste to remove thy laddre. Make it a double decker if thou wisheth. However, do not removeth thy Barth logo...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, when I cut up my very rare 1941 Buick Limited formal sedan with jump seats it made a bunch of Buick lovers mad as ---l. My father was a Buick dealer in the 40-60's and I have deep deep feelings for Buick, but with that said I feel a 1954 buick is a modified 1953. I won best of show with a custom 79 vette at the Super Chevy show, and many orginal Chevy owners came up to me and said "your car looks great". I say the most important person in the world likes it. ME THE OWNER. Dave, the Barth name will stay, and every Barth owner will know it is a Barth. Some might say WAS a Barth, but that's ok. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dale, the Wright idea sounds interesting. We have decided to have some sort of glass design in our (side) entry door window. As I love his glass designs, I would really like to do something like that, but our window has very rounded corners, which do not lend themselves to his designs. At least the ones I know about. Is there a book or site that you can recommend that has a lot of his designs?

My paint is not original, so I, for one, won't have a cow. The new design is better than the original. It was originally RED AND WHITE, like a 50's Coney Island beach chair! SHEEZE!

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Strange,you would ask as I have been going thru books of his all evening, and yes there are designs that go with round corners. We have decided on a pattern for our bedroom window, and the two sky lites in the bath. The bedroom will be very transparent glass with just a touch of color, and the sky lites a bit less transparent so as to hid the overhead sky light. I am going to do the stain glass work, and the bedroom will be one big window that covers the entire window. We have wood window boxes that look like marble that have round corners, and I may round the corners of the stained glass or I may not. Which ever I decide it will not have a negitive affect on how they look. We took a tour of 8 FLW homes in the Oak Park, Il. last year, and I can tell you it was very powerful to say the least. He like his women,and had his faults, but oh how he could design. His studio was more than I can discribe for sure. Any library should have bunches of his books as does Borders, etc. I am going to post our picks in a couple weeks. I too have been thinking of the entry door, but the screen is something to deal with. One might put it right up against the inside glass, or for that matter on the outside. We have not decided on the door, but tend to think we won't do such. There are books at the stained glass shops that offer his designs too. They can be of big help. We are going to put in red his initals on the front of our Barth. His initals were really neat. I can't type how he did such but they were F.L.L W. I guess the second L was for the two L's in Lloyd. I trust I have helped and not confused you Bill.h Dale

posted Hide Post
Tonight I received an e-mail from a Barth owner advising where I could find the safe with the coach. They did not want to post same for security reasons. Wasn't that nice and thoughtful. Just a example of what great members this site has. Don't ask "WHERE" I won't tell you. I have to hide my share of that foreign heist.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
But hey Dale, was it empty? You can tell us, no one is listening.

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dale - can you tell me what the safe looks like - I will search mine and see if I have one - not sure as I don't have the Barth manual - only all the other manuals for the gen, wiring, fridge etc. so I am curious if mine has one.

Thanks
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No need to ask Dale if it was empty. As soon as he posted the note about the safe, I flew out to his place. Picked the coach lock one night at 2AM and opened the safe. Was hardly worth the trip. Only had a bunch of old bearer bonds and a few thousand in cash. The darned gold coins were so heavy I had to ship my suitcase back via UPS!

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Shoot, the jokes on you Ron. Dale already told me the safe was empty, but someone took the change from his asktray.

posted Hide Post
You guys better be careful. Any guy that would repossess a tomb stone in broad daylight might have a few more tricks up his sleeve. October 31st is just about upon us, and I still have the block and tackle plus the needed rolling pins. Hey...who is this person "SUGAR"? My mother always said if your SUGAR better stay out of the rain or you will melt. Will the REAL SUGAR please stand up?. Dale

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Who's Sugar, why it is the "dynamic duo" you take one Susan Richardson and one Gary Gruber and one totally awesome 34 foot Regency and you get:

SUGAR

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 21, 2003).]

posted Hide Post
"OH HOW NICE" That's what I learned at finishing school. OOOOOH HOW NICE !!!