Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Campground Requirements
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
My wife is having surgery the end of this month. Called a number of campgrounds in Phoenix and could not get in as our MH was to old. Is this a common problem?

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any problems yet , but I understand it is becoming more and more common . Apparently a lot of the higher end parks have a 10 year rule .

I've heard that if you just show up and they see it is a nice coach , they sometimes make exceptions .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
These have been around awhile, I think they are kin to the "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" signs to protect the prejudiced.
Kevin has sent you a reply from a private forum without my cynicism, To whit, clean and appropriate, okay, junk, begone. Call or photo email query may resolve.
Good luck

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
After 40 years of RVing this the first time I have been asked. I had heard of it, but not experienced it. I did get a spot by sending pictures of the Barth. In all our years on the road we almost never made reservations. We went for free when we could and paid when we had to. But Marleen is having surgery in Phoenix and didn't want to motel it. In fact we were planning on just staying in the hospital parking lot until we now need a/c. What's also amazing is that most of the campgrounds are full.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
My hunch is that it depends on the type of ownership of the location. My hunch is that "sole proprietorships" care that you have the money for overnight camping. In some places, the owner "sold shares" of a luxury high end RV resort. This would be the kind of place that snowbirds drive to, for spending the winters. Part of the way of keeping the image of luxury, is by filtering out riff raff, average families with young kids, Dead Heads driving converted school buses, and stuff like that.

I once stayed in such a place, and I saw the manager getting reamed out by a well dressed man, screaming and pointing at the converted school bus that had just pulled in, with a guy with long hair, a woman with a hippie look to her, and a bunch of shoeless kids running around. Quite a sight, it created a lasting memory for me.

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 524 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
That guy then will go home to his gated Mc-mansion community and $1500 a month Home owners Association fee, that will not allow his $500K RV in his driveway!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/17
Picture of Janet Rocco
posted Hide Post
I had this happen when I had my Barth trailer, they were afraid that it was gonna look like trash and they didn't want that "image" I guess. I sent them pics inside and out and they were fine with it. Trash and classic is tough distinction if you don't see it for yourself. I now have a 1976 GMC and I get the same questions.

Posts: 43 | Location: Tampa, FL | Member Since: 12-27-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Janet Rocco:
Trash and classic is tough distinction if you don't see it for yourself.
And sometimes it is only ourselves who see it. "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
Your unit looks beautiful, but our Class C probably fits into the "shabby" category to most non-Barth-owners. We are working on it...

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post