Forums    General Discussions    Cracked Windshield!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Cracked Windshield!
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted
So, we are now on our way back from Colorado Springs and was somehow struck by an object on I-70 and it cracked my windshield on the passenger side. It is not repairable as there are three long cracks each about a foot long. Progressive will replace it at $500 deductible. The cost of that one section is $1600 plus shipping and labor. My problem is they will just replace that one side so... there would be a huge mismatch because both sides are fogged around the edges. They said I would have to pick up the expense for the other side. Anyone know where I can get a newer driver side replacement for our 1990 Regency at a reasonable price?

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think the windshields are DW730 and DW731. Used on 80's GM tiltcab Astro trucks.

Try www.windshieldstogo.com. You will have to talk to a rep but last I knew they could still get them, hopefully at a reasonable price.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fred & Cindy
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve! I will give them a shot Monday.

1990 32' Regency, Wide Body
Spartan Chassis, 8.3 CTA Cummins
4 Speed Allison Trans
South Central Missouri

Posts: 356 | Location: Missouri | Member Since: 06-24-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
About 5 years ago I bought a DW730 from a local glass company for about $225. Unfortunately, they could not get a D731 at that time. I still have the 730, was planning to change both later on when I paint the coach.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred & Cindy:
Thanks Steve! I will give them a shot Monday.

How's the replacement? Do they have DW730? I was helping a buddy installing the new shocks and nerf bars for his truck when his uncle asked about the crack on his Regency. They way it looks it is not repairable so he's looking for replacement.

Posts: 9 | Location: FA | Member Since: 09-27-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dWade:

his uncle asked about the crack on his Regency.

Who is the uncle with a Regency? Is "uncle a member here too? Sorry about the thread drift, but I would be inquiring about a picture of "unlce's" Regency data tag for our files.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
quote:
Originally posted by dWade:

his uncle asked about the crack on his Regency.

Who is the uncle with a Regency? Is "uncle a member here too? Sorry about the thread drift, but I would be inquiring about a picture of "unlce's" Regency data tag for our files.

I think he is not a member here but I will ask my buddy to ask his uncle.

Posts: 9 | Location: FA | Member Since: 09-27-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Get a picture of the data tag too. Hopefully we can match the data tag with the windshield for other members.
Most of our members are on the North American Continent. It would be interesting to see where windshields can be purchased. Send us the location of uncle's Regency also. In fact invite your buddy's uncle to join us to join us. We do have a member from Thailand. His former Barth was always in the United States.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We replaced both from Binswanger Glass in Houston for about $300 each, about six years ago.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post